Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, what is the risk of installing a nitrous system on my Gt 2005? it has 115000 miles on it. Does mileage make any difference on an engine?

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
ummm, good luck with that.

has car been serviced properly? scheduled oil changes, fuel filter changes, spark plug changes, ETC. even with a well maintained car, i dont know. im not a power adder expert, but i personally wouldnt do it

·
The Despised Vert
3,557 Posts
if you do add N2O then make plans for a rebuild... the car has to be a highway car for it to have that many miles on it... so that might be a factor in how much ware is on it... and if it is loose than any poweradder is going to put more stress on the powertrain.. it could last a long time but I would think it would cause a shorter life of the motor mainly.. it also depends on how hard it is driven and what size shot you hit it with.. does it have anything done to it at all? cold air intake or a tune?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if you do add N2O then make plans for a rebuild... the car has to be a highway car for it to have that many miles on it... so that might be a factor in how much ware is on it... and if it is loose than any poweradder is going to put more stress on the powertrain.. it could last a long time but I would think it would cause a shorter life of the motor mainly.. it also depends on how hard it is driven and what size shot you hit it with.. does it have anything done to it at all? cold air intake or a tune?
No it is still stock nothing added. is there anything better to add power without risking of loosing the motor?

·
Registered
124 Posts
that's a good question. I have been wanting to put a cam in and spray my '07 with 30,000 too. I'd rather have the car last a while more than having it that much faster for a short time.

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Well.... look on the brigh side, if you pop the motor you can rebuild it however you want.. im an optimist what can i say haha

·
booooost'd
7,545 Posts
that's a good question. I have been wanting to put a cam in and spray my '07 with 30,000 too. I'd rather have the car last a while more than having it that much faster for a short time.
You'll need to put more than one cam in or you'll probably blow the motor right away. I've got 90k on my 07 and I've got 500rwhp... You'll be fine with a little baby 100 shot:D

·
Registered
315 Posts
You'll need to put more than one cam in or you'll probably blow the motor right away. I've got 90k on my 07 and I've got 500rwhp... You'll be fine with a little baby 100 shot:D
Do a compression test, if everything looks good and the engine sounds good I would add a 100 shot. I have friends put 20 psi on a vr6 engine with 200k miles on it and makes 400whp. Granted it's a totally different engine, but as long as the engine was well taken care of and up to par it should be fine. Make sure you have all the supporting mods for the nitrous kit such as bottle heater, window switch, fuel shut off valve etc etc. Do some good searching and you will be fine.

·
Insomniac
5,912 Posts
As long as the engine was well maintained you'll be fine for a 100 shot, a buddy of mine with a 2v put cams in with 135k, sprayed a 150 shot took that off and just installed a 72mm turbo and its still banging like a champ

·
The Constitutionalist
431 Posts
Juco... you have 6666 posts... EVIL!!!!!! :lol :D

·
cammed, geared, and blown
1,919 Posts
a lot of good ol' boys would say that your motor is finally broken in enough for spray...
CAMSPRAYMOD alert! post 5.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I think it has a lot to do with how you break in the car and how you drive it. I have dogged the **** out of all my mustangs. I literally mean abused the **** out of the motor and have never, I repeat never have blowed the engine. The last one I built I had bought all the parts to do a complete stroker rebuild, so we tried to blow the motor a week before the build was to begin, and I can honestly say I couldn't blow the motor. Now granted, I didn't just redline the **** out of it. That is the reason I have always been a mustang fan. But take it for what its worth, you play, you will eventually pay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So which power adder is safer to add. The car is in Lebanon and im shipping all the parts from usa. The car was for the police i knew this from the flash lights installation kit, it still there, thats why she got the high mileage. Are police cars modded in anyway?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
the things id be worried about with that car, is the rear and trans as it was being used as a "utility" vehicle.
Bic criss you mean the gears and the transmission? i was also shipping a 3.73 gears, i canceld the nitrous and went for a cia + sct, is it also risky to upgrade the gears yu think? im lost here.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts