Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well guys im thinking of putting 100 shot wet kit on and i was wondering if my stock lower intake will handle it

·
Registered
45 Posts
tuning is everything. if it's tuned for nitrous it'll handle it all day long. the major reason for people blowing a stock intake is mostly due to timing. nitrous and fuel become separated in the intake and pool up (mostly at cyl 4 and due to the "dry" intake style) and when the timing is a little too advanced it causes an intake backfire and WHAMMO blown up intake.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
im going with a w/o throttle switch so it only activates at wide open is this ok

·
Registered
45 Posts
and like gtsetgo said, don't spay too low in the rpm range. some manufactures recommend not under 2k rpm but i would't under 3k. thats why i like window switches.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
it's a must. if you spray at less than full WOT you will pop your motor. the window switch just adds that much more safety and lets you worry about other things, like passing that vette.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ya i was going to install it and i have a speed shop down the street from me and have them dyno tune it its only 150 bucks well worth the money

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
holy crap man that intake is shreded

·
WHOOP!
3,145 Posts
Sprayed too low and it puddled. It ripped up a lot more than the intake. Don't let that keep you from using nitrous though it was driver error.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
if i get the zex wet kit do i still need the window switch

1 - 20 of 22 Posts