Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well a buddy of mine has 150 wet shot nx kit for sale at 300 bucks hasen't been used.. he rather get money and put it into his trans am instead of his stang.. I don't plan on doing forced induction well yet lol.. so what yall think.. just incase I don't plan on spraying a lot just once in a while so I can feel like nicholas cage.. go baby!!

·
Registered
402 Posts
150 shots a lot on a stock motor. Sparingly might be ok but you have to ask yourself if you have to will power to really only use it every now and then. All it takes is that "one time too many" because "all the other times went well" and you'll be shopping for a new 3v

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I got it I love my 3v but I probably won't be doing a 150 shot if anyyhing 75 at the most..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its the nitrous express.. that's what I said lol.. just other opinions.. I do plan on changing fuel injectors and etc..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked it up and got some good feedback so I think its a go lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
It has been my understanding that these motors are fine up to about a 100hp shot of Nitrous. After that, you need to step down to a colder plug and consider a nitrous specific tune.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
It has been my understanding that these motors are fine up to about a 100hp shot of Nitrous. After that, you need to step down to a colder plug and consider a nitrous specific tune.
You guys don't use colder plugs for any kind of nitrous shot? **** even I hit my motor with a baby 100 shot, I'd step my plugs down a heat range at the least.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
829 Posts
If it's a wet kit you shouldn't need to upgrade injectors or anything as the nitrous and fuel gets dumped through the same nozzle into the intake. No fuel upgrades are needed until you go above 150 shot.

I have the Zex Wet Kit on mine and I love it. Like any big mods, it's all in the tune. Bama will write tunes up to 100 shot any more and you need a dyno.

I am currently running the Zex 125 Jets (Zex rates at flywheel not rear wheel, so zex 125 is like a 100 shot.) Using a bama hybrid tune +100N.

I say go for it, after you crack the bottle for the first time you will be hooked. There is no wait or lag, its instant power.

You will need more stuff to complete the kit however.
-Window Switch (Allows you to not spray below a certain rpm, No Nitrous below 2700rpm)
-Bottle Heater (Nitrous Bottle needs to be warm for optimal pressure)
-Remote Bottle Opener (Opens and closes the bottle from the drivers seat)
-Colder Plugs (Anything over 100 shot, and they need to be gapped at .035)

·
FBGM
6,177 Posts
Would you also want a WOT switch, so it only comes on if its a 100% throttle

·
Registered
829 Posts
Most kits come with the WOT switch built into the NMU (Nitrous Management Unit) if its a wet kit. If not, they are nice to have especially if you need to lift and get back on it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks a lot guys I appreciate the info.. so just a question if I get the kit how much more less to get it running with the other stuff sir shaun mentioned

·
Registered
829 Posts
I would try to get most of the stuff used.

Bottle Heater shouldn't run no more than $150
Window Switch shouldn't run any more than $175
Remote Bottle Openers no more than $250.
Autolite HT0's at AM are $90.
Spark Plug Gap tool $25 at Jegs

I would try to find as much of this stuff as possible used through forums, etc. I found my remote bottle opener for $100. I did have to drive an hour + but worth it on craigslist.

The Bottle Heather, Remote Opener, and Window Switch will all require some wiring. It's easy if you follow the instructions. You will have to take up some interior to do it right. I used T Clamps on already ran power/ground cables for the most part.

I don't know if the kit comes with one but you can also pick up a led purge.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
****ing sick bro.. definitely gonna get a red led purge kit..

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alrighty guys I did get the nx efi kit.. looking into grtting the bottle heater and fuel line adapter.. can't wait to instal it lol..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I love my spray. I hardly use it but when I do and I'm snapping the tires loose with every shift and you feel like you're going into orbit. The feeling is pretty epic. Just get a good tune, window switch, fuel pressure safety switch, wot switch. I only run a 75 shot and I still have the stock plugs. Probably used about two bottles in te last year and I'm still good.

·
Registered
650 Posts
i had nitrous on the fox. one spray my friend... and i promise you will never look back. my girlfriend says no nitrous until i pay this one off... :( but i miss it like crazy. just don't over do it. never ever spray if your not at full throttle. and don't spray under 3k rpms. definitely go with colder plugs. and if you can get a tune just to be safe.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Cruisingt thats what I've been looking forward to.. never experienced nitrous so I can't wait lol but to bsd ill be gone for a couple months till I can instal it.. rdrgz yea I've read a little on it.. never in first and just like you said not low rpms.. yea I believe autolite plugs.. hey do any of yall know hoe to check and see if the solenoids are good...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts