Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wats up guys just wanted to see some of your guys input about nitrous kits. was looking to get alil more horsepower for my stang. thought this would be any easy soultion. let me kno thnx

·
Who Care's ... Boost It!
538 Posts
What's up homeslice...

Dude I was wondering the same damn thing. The only thing that scares the crap out of me is Nitrous backfire. It's like someone took a Wenchester 12guage with 4" slugs and took a straight shot through my block. Please be careful when you/ if you use NOS. If your timing goes bad, so does the nitrous. LOL Reminds me of a guy I raced at the track awhile back, he was backfiring from the lights to the finish line.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I like the wot switch along w/ a window switch. Eliminates the chance of a backfire. If it's your first time w/ nitrous. Probably just start w/ a dry kit usually 75-125 hp. Wet kits usually cause the manifold explosions. Zex makes an easy wet kit, but never seen it used in person.

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
GET A ZEX DRY KIT !! it's idiot proof, has a nitrous management unit that compensates for bottle pressure and is super easy to install, you don't have to rig up a microswitch either, all you have to do is run a switch inside the interior and then tap into your throttle position switch, you don't need to tap into the fuel system either, the instructions are excellent , you will not be disappointed !!!!!!!
i've used lots of nitrous kits, nitrous works, big shot, nozzle types and the zex dry is my favorite, btw if you are a decent driver and can stay off the rev limiter you won't need a window switch

·
Registered
35 Posts
I am running a Zex 75 dry shot. It was super easy to install and now all I do is open the bottle and flip the switch. I have been just practicing around with it. It is Awesome. I cant wait to make my first pass in 2 weeks at the track.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
hey nylxvv try the 125 shot, put in some autolite 24s and back the timing off to 10 degrees and let it rip

1 - 7 of 7 Posts