Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
1,000,000:1

DO IT.

(seriously though. Its a silly question.)

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
why you want to run dry? is it cause your too lazy to tap into the fuel system?

do it right run the wet kit with a nozzle so you dont have to worry about it.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a noobie with nitrous, I just heard its better and cheap for me to get to 400 wrhp this way then getting a turbo

·
Registered
4,424 Posts
Its cheaper, and easier. Best bang for the buck. What is your current whp?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
a noobie with nitrous, I just heard its better and cheap for me to get to 400 wrhp this way then getting a turbo
well if your motor is stock a 100 shot wont give you 200hp.

why do you want 400hp? run it onn a dyno,track,or just to say "i have 400hp"

nitrous is nice i run a 125 shot but it will get expensive over time.. with a 100 shou you will get about 60 seconds of nitrous before you have to fill the bottle. and $50 a fill isnt cheap.. my suggestion is to find a place that will "top off" your bottle so it will be much cheaper. most places require it to be empty before they fill it. when in actuaillity the bottle is still about 1/2 full when its time for a refill.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
try to get to 400 whp but im doing tfs top end kit 75mm tb and maf 24bls injectors i have bbk shorties on now

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
why you want to run dry? is it cause your too lazy to tap into the fuel system?

do it right run the wet kit with a nozzle so you dont have to worry about it.

Now Sean, us Nitrous guru's know that a dry, single nozzle system is the "safe" way to go with EFI. Or, should I show you some of my destroyed intakes and hoods from my days of single nozzle wet systems? :p

Just kidding bro. I see your car is coming along nicely.

To answer the original question. Any compression (as long as its useful compression) is good compression for Nitrous Oxide.

Happy laughing.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Now Sean, us Nitrous guru's know that a dry, single nozzle system is the "safe" way to go with EFI. Or, should I show you some of my destroyed intakes and hoods from my days of single nozzle wet systems? :p

To answer the original question. Any compression (as long as its useful compression) is good compression for Nitrous Oxide.

Happy laughing.
i am not a big nitrous guy. i dont have to worry about blowing a plenum off i dont puddle up with my intake :)

i just dont trust the whole dry system

·
Registered
5,556 Posts

Happy laughing.
and by the way where the hellz have you been i miss you:hug "no ****"

hows the car coming??? pics??

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got my hands on a nitrous plate and have a system set up i wasnt sure if it was ok to run a 100 shot dry ? do the injectors add the fuel for you ?

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
I got my hands on a nitrous plate and have a system set up i wasnt sure if it was ok to run a 100 shot dry ? do the injectors add the fuel for you ?
yes, through the added vacuum it will pull in more fuel.

There is a window where the motor burns very lean, and your relying on your stock 20yr old injector's to do the job...... i don't like that.

some kit's tap into the fuel lines and such on a dry kit, like NOS (the company) does, and those are the only ones id trust, but you might as well just went with a wet shot by then.

Ive had almost no issue with my 100 wet shot through a single nozzle before the throttle body.

Had one nasty backfire that blew the intake gaskets and vacuum tree to hell, but that made me find out my motor had more miles then i knew about, and still had stock springs with 2 bent intake valves, and all the exhaust valves where pitted.

nitrous will help you find issues within your set up, that's for sure :)

·
Skirt Chasing Philanderer
14,391 Posts
some kit's tap into the fuel lines and such on a dry kit, like NOS (the company) does, and those are the only ones id trust, but you might as well just went with a wet shot by then.
That is a wet shot... Any kit that taps the fuel rails to add fuel in with the nitrous is by definition a wet shot.

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
this is what i meant.

fast forward to 3:35

·
Come at me bro
3,135 Posts
haha, yea, but that's what i meant by tapping into the fuel rail. Just remembered there was a video of the lay out. didn't know how to describe it off the top of my head.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts