Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did research reading nitrous 101, and the did a search and couldn't find an answer, well I'm not sure weather to go with a wet or dry kit. I read wet kits can cause puddling and Americanmuscle only carries a wet kit. Is there a way to prevent puddling? I don't wan't to exceed 100shot and I have a few mods listed in my garage my spark timing is advanced a bit and I was wondering if it was going to effect the use of the nitrous? would I have to dyno tune it? thanks!

·
amateur adult film star
1,040 Posts
ive heard a 75 shot is safe with out a tune but nitrous i think you have to retard yout timing a may be wrong

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
100 will be fine without a tune. main reasons for puddling is low bottle pressure, spraying too early, wrong jetting, etc. if supporitng mods and common sense are used, this will almost eliminate those chances. a wet kit will be fine, no need to worry about it.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
U from fall river because if so ino u
yea I am, let me guess your the kid with the green 99 gt?

100 will be fine without a tune. main reasons for puddling is low bottle pressure, spraying too early, wrong jetting, etc. if supporitng mods and common sense are used, this will almost eliminate those chances. a wet kit will be fine, no need to worry about it.
thanks, I'm def getting the rpm window but is it really necessary for a purge kit and a bottle warmer, I know of some tricks for the bottle warmer but I was just wondering if they was a real good place to get it for a good price aside from AM and their discount code?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
yea I am, let me guess your the kid with the green 99 gt?

thanks, I'm def getting the rpm window but is it really necessary for a purge kit and a bottle warmer, I know of some tricks for the bottle warmer but I was just wondering if they was a real good place to get it for a good price aside from AM and their discount code?
I would deffinitely reccomend a bottle warmer and purge kit. I run the H.O. bottlewarmer from dynotune nitrous and highly recomend them. I swapped it from my zex one that i had installed on my v6 and i had no problems getting the bottle pressure up once i swapped to the dynotune one. Look them up or google them. Just type in dynotune nitrous and youll find everything you need on there website including a purge kit. A purge kit clears the lines and ensures you get a clean instant hit of nitrous.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would deffinitely reccomend a bottle warmer and purge kit. I run the H.O. bottlewarmer from dynotune nitrous and highly recomend them. I swapped it from my zex one that i had installed on my v6 and i had no problems getting the bottle pressure up once i swapped to the dynotune one. Look them up or google them. Just type in dynotune nitrous and youll find everything you need on there website including a purge kit. A purge kit clears the lines and ensures you get a clean instant hit of nitrous.
how are the rest of their products?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
me and doc run the pressure heater stuff from dyno tune also. works great, customer service is great, and the stuff i have ran from them havent ever let me down. it is a good idea to get a bottle heater, your bottle will losse pressure when in use, the heater will warm the bottle back up to maintain pressure.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
me and doc run the pressure heater stuff from dyno tune also. works great, customer service is great, and the stuff i have ran from them havent ever let me down. it is a good idea to get a bottle heater, your bottle will losse pressure when in use, the heater will warm the bottle back up to maintain pressure.
their nitrous kit is a steal deal, I was wondering if you know anything about there other stuff. It seems to be pretty complete kit for 200 bucks less than most of the others.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
i have the heaters and are great. their nitrous solenoids, fittings, jets, are good as well. i havent delt with any of their other stuff. the harris speedworks stuff is good as well.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have the heaters and are great. their nitrous solenoids, fittings, jets, are good as well. i havent delt with any of their other stuff. the harris speedworks stuff is good as well.
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy there kit, if there customer service is as good as everyone says I figure why not. I like how everything looks in house and all components are stainless.

·
Registered
399 Posts
there is not a guaranteed way to stop puddling... i ran a dry 150 shot for three years not a problem just get ngk tr6 plugs if you have a tuner pull some timing and have fun with it

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
I think I'm going to bite the bullet and buy there kit, if there customer service is as good as everyone says I figure why not. I like how everything looks in house and all components are stainless.
All of there products are good quality. Ive dealt with them on the phone several times and their customer service has always been top notch. There are a couple guys on another forum that im on that run there kits and have had zero problems. I say go for it :).

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have the dyno tune kit with a 75 shot no tune. dyno tune heater lean shut off and window switch and love them. great support from the company. but only been spraying for about a week i think ima move up to 100 and get a tune though

1 - 18 of 18 Posts