Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm possibly going to be getting a nitrous kit to put in my car, what extras would you guys recommend me getting to run safely? It will be a 75 dry shot.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
ExPeNsIvE HoBbY
1,920 Posts
Window switch, dual fuel solenoids, fuel pressure safety switch, remote bottle opener, purge kit, bottle heater, an ECM that doesn't cut fuel at redline but instead cuts spark. Bunch of good safety parts out there.

In a dry system, all of the above is good, plus upgraded fuel injectors, like Bosch. Not necessarily bigger, just better or can handle more pressure. Also a fuel pump that can jump up the flow and pressure.

Also a wideband Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge is a nice safety as well...

In a N2O system, lack of fuel means a lack of a running motor lol.

·
V6 BIOTCH
6,945 Posts
First off.

Your going to have to decide how much nitrous you want to use. Also need to know if you have enough fuel pump to use it (most likely you will).

And yes, you would need bigger injectors most likely. 24#s might cut it. But no guarantee.
But why screw with that ?

Get a wet kit. A dry kit sprays over the MAF and you depend on the computer to put enough fuel into your engine to not run lean.
If you have a wet kit, you control the fuel so you know you are getting enough fuel.

Nitrous is as safe or dangerous as you make it. And much of it depends on you as the user on how safe it is.

Purge is a good thing to have in certain situations. But I no longer use mine if I dont "have" to. I purge by bumping the nitrous during my burn out.

FPSS... not a bad idea at all.

remote opener, all preference

bottle heater... yes you need one

Window switch ... personal, i will say if I didn't have one I would have probably blown up my motor by now. Get one for safety.

You can run many different set ups.

You need a tuner and it would be very smart to go get it dyno tuned as well.

Study nitrous till your sick of reading about it.
Then a couple hours later study some more. You need to understand it very well before you start using it.

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
Thinks I would change:
Dry Kit to Wet.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Thinks I would change:
Dry Kit to Wet.
Definitely! Otherwise your a bit rich on WOT when the nitrous isn't armed.

As for safety - many parts available to be safe but the best one is your brain. Don't spray below 1500 RPM - although the torque gets you out of the hole in a hurry it also made shredded metal out of my 3.73's and my T-Lok

Just do your homework but (My opinion) you don't have to spend a fortune to run it safely just don't be foolish.

That being said I have a 2-1/16" Autometer Sport Comp Nitrous Pressure gauge for sale :) PM me, I'll let it go for $30 shipped.

Best of luck w/ the setup - its a blast but you'll be begging for a better solution to filling the bottle before you know it :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok I'm thinking ill wait and go with a wet kit with all the extras later on. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah I had someone that was going to sell a dry kit for 100$ without a bottle so I was very tempted, but with 148,000 on my engine I don't want to push it lol.

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts
Yeah I had someone that was going to sell a dry kit for 100$ without a bottle so I was very tempted, but with 148,000 on my engine I don't want to push it lol.

Dude if you blow it up just swap in a damn 4v

03cristian

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would love to do that lol but I can't afford it yet as this is my DD and I'm only 19. As soon as I get enough saved up I want to drop one in.

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts

Dry kit = boom

I would piece a wet kit together. Saves you a ton. fuel solenoid, bottle, to and from tubing for the fuel, a wet nozzle, jets, arming switch, relay, WOT switch, and fuel pressure safety switch are all you need.

I only spent $350 on mine and it has a 15lb tank and can go up to 200 shot (though that is way beyond what I can put on my v6)

·
hi you can call me mater
4,845 Posts

·
SpamBOT
91 Posts
and im am 19 paying college bills and I am still doing a split port, windstar, longtubes, HF cat, egr delete, 24 lb injectors and 76mm MAF. and before I turned 17 the car had 75 shot wet with 250 capable selenoids and shark nozzle and 15lb tank (expensive parts but fleabay is handy sometimes :D) dual flowmasters and a mGW shifter. now it has an 8.8 with 3.55s, a CAI, UDP, SCT tune, some aftermarket ignition setup (i forget the brand) and an 100 shot.

oh and I am a grocery store cashier and used to be the trashman/concession supervisor at a ball park.

NO EXCUSE! GO all out! Make yourself happy

·
Wha...?
683 Posts
:facepalm: Wait til you're trying to mod with a family and a mortgage....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts