Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(ROE- Rules of Engagement)

Alright, so I stumbled upon an awesome deal on a nitrous kit from a buddy of mine. Problem is, I only know the mechanicals of nitrous- how it works, what it does, and the increases it offers- but I don't know exactly how to use it. By that, I mean, what to look for, what kinds of jetting to use, and most importantly, how to race my 01 GT with it. Could someone give me a set of rules on when, where, and how to use it?

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Only under WOT, Above 3000 RPM, disengage 300-200 RPM before th e limiter is set, and be safe.

WOT switch will take care of the first, and MSD window switch will take care of the latter.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Only under WOT, Above 3000 RPM, disengage 300-200 RPM before th e limiter is set, and be safe.

WOT switch will take care of the first, and MSD window switch will take care of the latter.

Pretty much it right there. 900-1000 nitrous bottle pressure. Nothing above a 100 shot on stock timming. 150 wet shot on the 2v intakes or it can start fuel puddling. You will need more stuff for a 150 shot though, good tune, pump if you have alot of mods.

Jet size's

100whp shot fuel jet- .030 N20 jet- .052

150whp shot fuel jet- .034 N20 jet- .062

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
100whp shot fuel jet- .030 N20 jet- .052

150whp shot fuel jet- .034 N20 jet- .062
Doesnt that depend on what nozzle you have??

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
Doesnt that depend on what nozzle you have??
Yes, and the type and brand of kit. These jets are not the jets for a NX EFI kit with a single shark nozzle like I run.:cool:

·
Registered
387 Posts
the jet is all dependent on the kit, the nozzle kit jetting and the plate kit jet are different from each other as well on my NX system

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
Those are wheel shot jets. And yes they vary by kit but it shouldn't be very much at all. What jets are u guys running for a 100 shot in your kits, post em up so we all know.

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What jets are u guys running for a 100 shot in your kits, post em up so we all know.
+1. I'll let you guys know what kind of jets this kit has as soon as I find out.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
i got a question,when u buy a nos kit it says the bottle is shipped empty,how do u fill it,or do they send it in packs or something? its a dumb question i know but ive always wondered this

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another dumb question for this thread (good thread though), hope you all can you kill some rumors. I have heard that Nitrous is bad for the engine, friend said you take like a 1000miles off its life with every spray. I dont belive it would be that steep, but I dont know!

·
Registered
994 Posts
NOS JETS .30fuel .51n20 100rwhp shot

i got a question,when u buy a nos kit it says the bottle is shipped empty,how do u fill it,or do they send it in packs or something? its a dumb question i know but ive always wondered this
you go to a performance shop and they fill it for about 30-35 bucks

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
As far as I know, 00redgt, the N2O bottle comes empty, and you have to find a speed shop (or some other place that can refill gases) that can fill it for you. As for the price, I have no earthly idea.

·
2,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So, exactly how do you use it though? I mean, do you just flick a switch and let er' rip? Or is it more involved- when should I turn my bottle heater on? How safe is it to run on a stock-internal engine? I'm just trying to get as much of an idea as I can before I go and destroy something I can't afford to fix.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts