Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was looking around and I want to make my car a lot funner this summer and I've gotten myself set on making it run on juice. Now I've decided to go with this kit from american muscle Zex Wet Injected Nitrous System (86-04 Mustang V8) ZEX-82023 - Free Shipping! And I'll also get the window switch from there as well as possibly a bottle heater. I'm only gonna opt to do a 75 shot just to be safe. What else do I need to get to be safe and what should I keep in mind with this set up? Also I might have a slight exhaust leak near my midpipe should this effect it at all? Since I'm new to nitrous and all I just need some tips thanks!

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Window switch will pretty much be it, you can always do a purge and some cooler plugs Although probably not needed, I run that kit with the window switch and purge, 75 doesn't require tune either as I don't think timing needs to be taken, hope that helps a little, between the NMU the window switch and some common since its pretty safe.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
^ colder plugs for sure, you're not gonna keep that at just a 75 for long so just do the plugs from the get go. I'm not a fan of zex kits, I dont like how they have their solenoids all built into that box so if one goes bad you're totally effed. and the fact they rate their jets at fhp instead of whp is just weird to me. for a zex kit i would recommend atleast a 125 shot.

as far as what you need you seem to have it set, the basic kit a bottle heater and window switch/wot switch is all you need to do it pretty safely.

·
Super Moderator
13,580 Posts
I ran atleast 40+ bottles on my bone stock 2V with this exact same kit using the 125 shot without any issues. I stepped down to a colder plug and left well enough alone. I never understood why people are spending 1000 on system getting the window switches and controllers for 125 shot or less its just a waste of money. If I were using 250 and more I would want all of those switches and stuff but not on the small amount our motors can tollerate.

07005 4 6 Cylinder Sniper Wet EFI Nitrous Kit | eBay

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Zex kit is good for beginners, window switch and NGK TR6 plugs....... I'd also replace the stock in tank fuel pump for a 255 lph pump, it's cheap insurance for nitrous.

·
Premium Member
2,063 Posts
So I was looking around and I want to make my car a lot funner this summer and I've gotten myself set on making it run on juice. Now I've decided to go with this kit from american muscle Zex Wet Injected Nitrous System (86-04 Mustang V8) ZEX-82023 - Free Shipping! And I'll also get the window switch from there as well as possibly a bottle heater. I'm only gonna opt to do a 75 shot just to be safe. What else do I need to get to be safe and what should I keep in mind with this set up? Also I might have a slight exhaust leak near my midpipe should this effect it at all? Since I'm new to nitrous and all I just need some tips thanks!
Zex kit is good for beginners, window switch and NGK TR6 plugs....... I'd also replace the stock in tank fuel pump for a 255 lph pump, it's cheap insurance for nitrous.
Awesome Bullit! Nitrous is really cool and definitely the best bang for the buck.

All of these guys have pointed you in the right direction. Our Basic Zex Wet Shot, a Window Switch, Bottle heater, colder plugs and a Fuel Pump (optional) and you'll be good to go!

The nitrous won't really affect your exhaust leak, but I'd still get it fixed!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for the tips guys, and thanks Dan! I'll probably be ordering that stuff in the next couple weeks or so. ill get those colder plugs too. So your all saying I could do more then a 75 shot w/o any issue? Should I do at least a 100 shot then? And do I need any gauges or anything? Also how long does a bottle last?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
I'd say 100 is very safe...... but all of my recommendations include a 255 lph fuel pump as well. Spend the money and buy the pump. Fuel is where you don't cheap out with nitrous.

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
^ colder plugs for sure, you're not gonna keep that at just a 75 for long so just do the plugs from the get go. I'm not a fan of zex kits, I dont like how they have their solenoids all built into that box so if one goes bad you're totally effed. and the fact they rate their jets at fhp instead of whp is just weird to me. for a zex kit i would recommend atleast a 125 shot.

as far as what you need you seem to have it set, the basic kit a bottle heater and window switch/wot switch is all you need to do it pretty safely.
What kit do you think I should go with? I kind of don't like the sound of that because I had a friend that had his solenoid stick open... Needless to say his car was in pieces after.

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'd say 100 is very safe...... but all of my recommendations include a 255 lph fuel pump as well. Spend the money and buy the pump. Fuel is where you don't cheap out with nitrous.
Yea true, it's just a pain having to drop the tank and everything for it lol. But ill defiantly keep that in mind, is that a direct bolt in one or does it need modification?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Slight modification. I've dropped a lot of tanks in my life and Mustangs are perhaps the easiest..... then again maybe it's just because I've done so many of them. Buy a pump or chance buying a new motor. $150 or $2500?

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
Depends on the amount of nitrous injected. I usually get about 7 passes out of a bottle on the 1/8 mile.

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I know this might sound like a stupid question, but say if your messing around with it on the street doing some pulls, how do you know your out of nitrous? Or what happens when you run out, just no more power? Or do I need a special gauge for that

·
Head Unicorn
5,085 Posts
With a 100 shot?
125 ish. I could get a few more if I had to but I typically keep bottles topped off to maintain constant pressure a little easier. You're never going to use all 10 lbs in a bottle.

You'll know when it's out if you have a pressure gauge because the pressure will fall off. By weight: the bottle is filled by weight (10 lbs.), weigh the bottle to determine how much is left. Also when running low your car will fall flat on its face as it's getting too much fuel in the absence of nitrous.

·
Boost Bro
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I see, so I'll need a pressure gauge most likely then. Another issue that's bothering me is what if you miss a gear and redline it on accident?

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
If you go OVER 100 I'd change the pump but if not I wouldn't worry bout it but it is good insurance, I'd buy a nitrous pressure gauge, on the bottle or in your car/ engine bay, up to youu, you'll shoot a 75 maybe twice Nd than change to 100 lol

1 - 20 of 44 Posts