Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not really to familiar with the Nitro companies out their; so I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on what would be a good set laughing gas set up? I was thinking either 75 or 150 shot depending on what mods I need to get for either Shot. Thank you ahead of time. :)

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
When i did run spray it was Zex kit,Zex Window Switch,Zex Purge,Autometer C2 nitrous pressure gauge (for sale), DynoTune bottle heater(for sale), Fuel pressure gauge, Blow down tube to be track legal all on a 100 shot for me i wouldnt go past 125shot on stock motor but i suggest you get a tune for the 125 shot. It would cost about a 900-1200 on a legit setup.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
For starters, nitrous is not referred to as Nitro. Start with a small shot 75. Learn as much as you can about the wet systems. I've used Zex and now I have a custom stand alone fuel wet NX system. Their are many different nitrous manufacturers. You need to run the best octane pump fuel you can find. Proper colder spark plugs with the proper gap. Find a shop that fills nitrous bottles the right way. Many shops don't fill the bottles properly. You end up getting less nitrous and nitrous per lb is getting very expensive.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
stickied lol and yes read that

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
wet shot's is crank hp ratings, dry is whp ratings. ask baz he's got a nasty nitrous setup going on. i'd say start small like a 50-75 depending on what type, then go up as you do bolt-on's and get a feel for your car. don't go out there as a newbie (if you are) and spray some redonkulous shot and hurt yourself

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
i thought Wet was what you'd see for hp? idk much about spray so I am just wondering?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
from what i read and was told, zex and wet kit's the 125 only makes around 95-100 whp gains where as a dry shot of say nitrous express at 120 gains 120 whp and an arsenal of torque of course lol

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
yeah like I said idk you prob know more then me on that no doubt lol Not a big spray guy

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
thats what I thought but i wasn't sure at all.

·
BYAHHHH!
18,672 Posts
totally cool mane.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
i'm not either i just remember what i read and try to help others lol
The majority of wet nitrous systems are rated at the rear wheel! Do you use nitrous? If you did, then you would know the jet sizes being used. The only wet system that is rated at the crank that I know of, is Zex.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
no i don't i was looking into and that is what i was told. i know zex is 75-125, compucar is 60,90, 120 and nitrous express runs 50-200 on basic kits
I'm not trying to be rude to you, I'm just letting you know that the majority of "WET NITROUS SYSTEMS" on the market today, are rated by the shot at the rear wheel .. Do you understand what the difference is between wet & dry nitrous systems?

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
Wet nitrous setup means that a fuel solenoid is setup to spray fuel in conjunction with nitrous. It's easier to tune since you just have to follow the jetting size. Dry nitrous setup means only nitrous is sprayed, so the vehicle fuel parameters must be changed to be richer at WOT. It has nothing to do with the amount of hp going to the wheels or crank. Zex has a weird jetting system where a 125 shot is 135 at the crank but 110-115 at the wheels. NX typically follows the whp jet ratings.

A good bet is to begin with 75 shot wet kit, and step it up to 125 once you get used to it. The stuff you need are the proper spark plugs, 93 octane and correct spark timing retard (0 for 75). Other stuff that'd be highly recommended but aren't required are: RPM window switch, bottle heater, blow down, purge, sticky tires, and a fuel pressure-based cutoff sensor.

·
Registered
448 Posts
nitrous set up...

dirty I know.

Can't be that concerned with the kit being hidden with direct injection. And don't bother with a 50 or 75 shot. I would say start with 100 and when you have the tune dialed in and are more comfortable with nitrous, then go to 150 or 125 whatever you are comfortable with

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Word of advice, research research research! Ps, Harrisspeedworks.com have GREAT prices and quality products

Reactions: just-agt
1 - 20 of 33 Posts