Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking to do nitrous on the mustang. its a 99 gt. i probably wont run more than a 150 shot, even once the engine is stroked and has long tubes, x pipe, catback, gears, upper/lower plenums, tb, intake, maf, injectors, rails, cobra tank, plugs, tune, & coil packs.

looking at
zex
has a nice kit that makes the insall clean and simple etc. (single fogger system)
i liek the management unit/solenoid that is a single piece bc it nets a clean install.

nos by holley
has 2 nice kits i see. (one is a direct port kit and the other is a single fogger system)
i like the direct port system bc it can be done clean but it ensures a more eqaul dispertion of the charge between all cylinders.

nx
has 2 nice kits as well. (one is a single fogger system and the other is the plate system).
i like the plate system bc on can almost make it look factory/hidden, but not as even dispertion amongst cylinders like a direct port kit.

what kit should i get and why?

are the jets going at the distibution block if i get a direct port kit?

the jets for a single fogger go on the fogger and the jets for the plate kit go on the plate also.
and how much trouble can one get in for riding around with nitrous in the car, even if it off(switches and bottle off)?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I have nx plate kit..easy to install..never heard of getting in trouble .I have a rear seat delete ,the bottle mounted in the middle of it..I think its the safest place in a street car

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
just can have the bottle hooked up in the car. below 150, direct port is just overkill. dont get me wrong its a great kit, but is a lot more than you will need. single foggers are just fine for what you want. the plate kits are nice, i am running one. i recommend a zex kit, if i were to do it all over again that is what i would buy. the single fogger and plate both will distribute the nitrous just fine to all cylinders without any worries. as far as i know, the direct port jets go in the nozzles themselves.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts