Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my buddy is offereing me an amazing deal on a Wet nitrous kit, and im wondering that my car is prettymuch stock internal wise. All thats done is bbk cai, prof. prod. upper intake, ud pullies, and flowmasters. Ive been told that a 50 shot dry after the maf is pushing the injectors and a 75 before the maf is pushing the maf. But what about the wet kit. What is the safest shot i could use with it? Its on a 2000 GT btw

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
I'm spraying a 100 shot. On a wet kit 100 shot is safe. No tune is required. Many will say you need one but those are the same people who don't have nitrous. You also spray after the MAF sensor with the wet kit. A wet kit taps the fuel line so you don't need to upgrade your injectors. Slow02 is running 150 shot with cams on a stock bottom end. In a few months so will I... Do it. You won't regret it.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Well my buddy is offereing me an amazing deal on a Wet nitrous kit, and im wondering that my car is prettymuch stock internal wise. All thats done is bbk cai, prof. prod. upper intake, ud pullies, and flowmasters. Ive been told that a 50 shot dry after the maf is pushing the injectors and a 75 before the maf is pushing the maf. But what about the wet kit. What is the safest shot i could use with it? Its on a 2000 GT btw
you can run a wet kit on your car's current internals. i always encourage people to get a tune, wot, window switch, etc with any n2o kit for safety's sake. also, you will want to pick up a set of ngk tr6 spark plugs.

my feeling on nitrous is that its fun in the short term, but filling that bottle up is gonna get old REAL quick. if you want a power adder just save up for boost or put a set of gears in your car(4.10/4.30).

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the ford MAF wont allow for much, 75 is about where the limit is. post MAF will require a tuning so the enrichment fuel can be sent. a wet kit is just fine, and car can support up to a 100 shot without needing to do anything. after a 100 shot, timing and fuel delivery should be looked at. you can spray 150 thru these things all day long if done right. as for plug, its personal preference as long as its a copper plug that is 1 stage colder.

·
Too Soon, Junior!
3,830 Posts
+1 what sweet2k said

150 will start to push the limits of the stock parts. I'd say just run some NGK TR6 plugs, 93 octane, pull 4 degrees of timing, spray 125 shot. You'll be perfectly fine.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
4 degrees's for 125 shot?? i dont believe ive heard of someone taking out that much for a 125 shot??? ive always done 2 degrees for 150 shot

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
listen to sweet on this one....

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the stock timing on these cars are plenty safe to run a 100 shot. pulling 1-2 degree's out will be fine for 125, and pull 3-4 for 150.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2000 Gt with the zex kit. The only thing I do is run premium fuel in her always. I have been told by many that that is more inportant than most things. I have the nozzle about half way between the maf an the throttle body. So far so good. I ran the 75 for a summer and then the 100. Don't waste your money on the small crap that doesn't do anything kust fill the bottle and put the pedal down you wont be disappointed
Blanco GT

·
Registered
291 Posts
DRGNRACIN.......im in love with your car!!! thats the exact plans i have for my bullitt, except i have the black bullitts, dd in the back...its dropped 2in all way around and already has the chin spoiler, i need to get that cowl hood though, o and my windows tinted!

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
my nozzle is shoved in right at the tb:) (literally it is right at the tb and intake meet shoved in the lil silicone thingy with the holes on the nozzle faceing the tb).. and has worked great.. even spray while on the brake never has it puddled or anything.. i have even bounced off the limiter a few times and have been just fine... guess im just lucky:)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stupid question i know, but how do i pull the timing out? do i need a tuner to do that? Im new to the mustangs, and i know im asking stupid questions, but a guys gotta learn somehow lol

·
Mach1 FTW
2,223 Posts
one way to adjust the timing is to have a set of adjustable cam gears installed. with a 100 shot there really isnt any need for it. i've been running a 100 shot on my car this summer and have had no problems. i had the car dyno'd and even on the spray it runs a bit on the rich side (i've got a wet ZEX kit) with the 75 shot in it, i show a 50rwhp gain (with ZEX jets) and almost 100 rwtq. just always remember to turn the traction control off when you spray and dont hit your rev limiter. your motor wont take much of that.

·
I'm cool..
2,277 Posts
Stupid question i know, but how do i pull the timing out? do i need a tuner to do that? Im new to the mustangs, and i know im asking stupid questions, but a guys gotta learn somehow lol
There are no stupid questions. Yes a tuner will work. Why do you want to change your timing? How big of a shot are you running? I ran a 100 shot for a long time with out a tune. My so called custom nitrous tune is my stock tune... Seriously. There is nothing different. I was upset because he charged me more, 100 dollars more, to leave it stock. Btw my owners manual says 150 shot take 2* of timing off...

·
Registered
291 Posts
soooo wait let me get this straight guys, i wann be sure cause this is getting serious. i really wanna do this.............i want to run my 100shot jets from ZEX in my zex kit, but i do not have a tuner, im still on the stock tune from the factory. are yall saying it will be ok????

·
Registered
979 Posts
you will be perfectly fine. I ran a 100 shot from my Nitrous Express kit and was just fine with stock timing. The Zex jets are rated at the Fly Wheel, and the NX jets are rated at the Rear Wheel, so I would think that you could get away with a 125from your Zex kit, and be fine. Just run premium gas, and I would advise against spraying below 3000 rpm. And do not keep spraying in fifth gear just to see how fast and far you can push it. You will lean out at around 130mph with your stock fuel pump. Trust me:yes

·
Registered
291 Posts
......for real? how many people on here have ran a 100shot with a stock tune? and for how long?? did it end up popping? or is the engine still going?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts