Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i was possibly looking for a nitrous setup, it will be mainly a street car, with alittle track, so i dont need a major kit, just a little something. I know nothing about nitrous and was woundering what i should get wet, or dry, whats the difference? And so on. I was told that this would be a better bang for my buck rather than a supercharger so just trying to get some feedback on it. Also if i did get one, what all else would i need to buy? Or add or get for it to work. Also do i need to run 91 fuel all the time, i dont understand how that works, sorry. Finally if i have an upgraded engine with the trickflow engine kit upgrade kit, will i hurt my engine or tranny? I heard the engine holds upto 400-500HP, but ill be close to the 350HP area not including the 75HP-125HP gain from just the nitrous, i dont want to hurt anything on my engine or tranny, will i?
Another thing is ive heard of some really bad things happen with nitrous kits, how do i avoid F'in my engine, any advice on any of this will help, thanks guys! -The Novice.

·
Banned
2,194 Posts
now why would you need nitrious for the streets :dunno

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
zex dry kit, autolite plugs # 24, set the timing to 10 degrees initial, yes run good gas cause you never know when you'll be spraying, upgrade to a 190 or 255 pump, put in the jets for the 125 shot ( you won't really notice anything less ) no you won't hurt your motor at all unless you don't follow the directions

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
now why would you need nitrious for the streets :dunno

If you get your car tuned properly by someone whos not retarted, your engine is fine. Im going to say you should get the 100 wet shot by ZEX. Hear great things about them

Nba, god bless your soul

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If i did get it what about the HP increase? I dont want to hurt my engine if i am already at about 350HP, am i risking anything with a 100HP or so shot?

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
100hp is perfectly safe. Ive sprayed more than that, with a similar combination of parts that your describing, and everything lived just fine.

·
Premium Member
11,367 Posts
If you are new to nitrous start with a dry kit. They are very user friendly and its pretty hard to wreck anything with a dry kit.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If i did get it what about the HP increase? I dont want to hurt my engine if i am already at about 350HP, am i risking anything with a 100HP or so shot?
Just curious, but what else is done to your car?

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just curious, but what else is done to your car?
Well 5 lug, break upgrade (disk) subframe connectors, cold air intake, 3.73 and newer rear axle, upper and lower control arms.

But i should take that back about the engine. I was going to do the trick flow engine Kit that puts out about 360HP but now im not so sure so ive been askin around. I want to think "long term" So i dont know if it would be better to just get a new engine block that can hold more HP ( like 600-800HP ) and then put the trickflow kit on that ( if i could? ) Or stroke it and later put a supercharger on it sometime down the road. That way i wouldnt have to worry about the Engine block getting hurt or cracked, where as i was thinking i could just get the trickflow engine kit now and rebuild the engine...But i asked a shop how much it would cost to bore it out 40 over, they said $1200. I was like... well i can just use that money to put towards a new block, one that can hold more HP. So thats what has me thinking, i dont know what to do anymore, use the stock block how it is and get a trickflow HCI. and maybe nitrous. OR buy a new block ( the size i want, and one that can hold more HP than i will need ) and just build that now so that someday down the road i dont have to worry about getting a SC and hurting my motor b/c the new block would be able to hold it no prob, where as the original block would prob have issues. So i dunno, got any advice? Or any engine block sites that are good or anything? I dont care if the block is alloy or cast Iron, cheaper the better really, but reliable...so i just dont know anymore....:(

·
Registered
4,781 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Btw this is assembled with pistons? or just bare block?
Also why are strokers more expencive and whats the diff/ what do they do?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
If you get your car tuned properly by someone whos not retarted, your engine is fine. Im going to say you should get the 100 wet shot by ZEX. Hear great things about them

Nba, god bless your soul
100hp is perfectly safe. Ive sprayed more than that, with a similar combination of parts that your describing, and everything lived just fine.
If you are new to nitrous start with a dry kit. They are very user friendly and its pretty hard to wreck anything with a dry kit.

multi quote time.......
two words. 1)zex 2)150shot ..... zex is for champs they make a damn good product, not to mention easy to install.. and a stock 5 liter can edure a 150 shot... its been done.. time and time again.

·
Registered
44 Posts
150 shot is good and all but i have to say i road in a 2001 4.6 mustang with a 75 shot and you could realy feel the difference

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Btw this is assembled with pistons? or just bare block?
Also why are strokers more expencive and whats the diff/ what do they do?
That is for the complete lower half of the engine with forged rods, crank, and pistons (your choice of dish or flat top) in a 351w roller block. Strokers are basically motors with added stroke (the distance the piston travels up and down). Thus a stroker has more displacement and a greater potential to produce torque and power. Not much is different with the block other than some clearancing. The difference is in the rotating assembly.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That is for the complete lower half of the engine with forged rods, crank, and pistons (your choice of dish or flat top) in a 351w roller block. Strokers are basically motors with added stroke (the distance the piston travels up and down). Thus a stroker has more displacement and a greater potential to produce torque and power. Not much is different with the block other than some clearancing. The difference is in the rotating assembly.
Ok thanks, so all i would need to do if i bought that was get headers? and upper and lower intake? Also how much HP will this hold? Also this thing will actually fit im my stang? Od do i have to mod some stuff? Thanks alot for your help Ryan. Much appreciated!

·
Registered
569 Posts
zex dry kit, autolite plugs # 24, set the timing to 10 degrees initial, yes run good gas cause you never know when you'll be spraying, upgrade to a 190 or 255 pump, put in the jets for the 125 shot ( you won't really notice anything less ) no you won't hurt your motor at all unless you don't follow the directions
i run same plugs, same timing, same pump with a 75 shot and i definately notice the difference, so by saying you wont notice anything under does that mean you wouldnt notice heads cam and intake ?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
i run same plugs, same timing, same pump with a 75 shot and i definately notice the difference, so by saying you wont notice anything under does that mean you wouldnt notice heads cam and intake ?

well after getting used to spraying a 175 shot on several mustangs a 75 shot doesn't do anything for me

i wouldn't even bother with anything less then a 150 shot myself

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
well after getting used to spraying a 175 shot on several mustangs a 75 shot doesn't do anything for me

i wouldn't even bother with anything less then a 150 shot myself
lol,.. plus why bother when you can stuff in a jet that will make a way bigger difference...?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts