Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what all has to be done to a pretty much stock '01 gt to run nitrous? what sould i get a zex kit or nx? i'm new to this and have never used it before. also can the stock motor handle nitrous?

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
I like nx, stock motor is fine for nitrous. Most spray 100. Use a colder plug such as ngktr6, run a good high octane fuel.

·
Registered
741 Posts
ZEX rates their's crank HP where's NX does RWHP. Zex are a cleaner install, but I had better HP/TQ gain with NX. Like said both are good. I also ran 125 shot with both NX and ZEX. With NX I had 509TQ.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm runnin with an sct tuner. will the timing need to be adjusted? seems like i read sumthing bout this in another thread. according to the zex site you retard timing 2 degrees for a 100 shot and more for higher hp jets. can i do this on my tuner or do i need a different tune installed. i get my tunes from AM.

·
Registered
907 Posts
what all has to be done to a pretty much stock '01 gt to run nitrous? what sould i get a zex kit or nx? i'm new to this and have never used it before. also can the stock motor handle nitrous?
The zex kit is better for a new guy. Everything is in one box making everything really simple...both install and use. With that said I won't put purple parts on my car. I think Zex would be 10 times more successful if they switched component colors. Lol

NX is what I would use. The nitrous thread posted above is a must read if you're new. I also suggest talking to someone about setup vs use. You can have everything set up fine and blow your engine using it wrong. The way you drive the car and what you want to do should match the setup. There isn't much talk about that on these forums. If you wanna use a 2step for launch for example can go bad if your setup isnt right and/or use them wrong together.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
907 Posts
For a 100 shot put back the cars stock tune with TR6 plugs with a 032 gap and you will be fine. Above 100 get a nitrous tune.

A stock 4.6 will live with a 150 shot. To spray 150 get a dyno tune to check fuel pump duty cycle on the spray and pull some timing (pull 2° per hundred hp above the first 100 is a rule of thumb for a start point). Learn to read spark plugs or get a WB o2 sensor.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
591 Posts
I'm new to nitrous and I went with the zex because it was so simple and easy to install. There are plenty of zex install vids on youtube also.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I'm new to nitrous and I went with the zex because it was so simple and easy to install. There are plenty of zex install vids on youtube also.
That's exactly what I was saying. With everything in one little box, it's kinda hard to screw up the install.

Now that I think about it, NX has a "proton" kit that is packaged all in one box like that too if I remember correctly.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts