Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im wanting to get into nitrous when spring comes back around. so im lookin into everything i need..can you all help me out??.. as far as the kit goes ive looked at zex and harris speed works.. this will be my first experience with nitrous, also can i tune with a handheld an be safe on a 100 shot or do i need a dyno tune?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
You will be fine up to a 125 hp shot with the tune i believe. but for a 100shot you will need a colder range spark plug. And a 125 you will need a bigger fuel pump.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
O and i think with the handheld you will want to pull some timing have it set up for 87 octane but use 93. Someone correct me if im wrong..

·
Registered
7,991 Posts
just throw a wet kit on and some colder plugs, fuel pump maybe, check the plugs see how they look, lean put a pump, runnin fine, push the button and smile

·
Registered
566 Posts
You should get a window switch (MSD), purge kit, colder plugs NGK TR6's, bigger fuel pump just to be safe, bottle heater,pressure gauge, WOT switch and if you get a tuner i'd just get a flip switch chip. Make sure the window switch is not set to spray under 3000 RPM's. At least use 91 octane with nitrous and have it properly tuned unless you want to risk your motor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts