Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok how big of a shot can I go with a dry kit and still be safe? I'm wondering as I have a mouthy cammed ls1 that I'd like to shut up and my TA is currently down. I have a fuego tuner so I can up the fuel I just want to know if the injectors will be able to handle the spray(maybe a 125 shot).

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
The injectors won't handle that big of a dry shot IMO. You would have to go bigger and tune for the shot when it's on and tune for just motor when you are not spraying. that is the hardest part about running a dry shot. The fuel will have to change immediatly with the nitrous or it will pop it

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
the injectors will safely handle 50 or a little over before its pushing duty cycle. if you plan on spraying thru the MAF< then you can only get up around 75 before the MAF pegs. doing a dry set up on the fords is different than doing it on a gm. if you want to go with a healthy dry shot, it will have to be after the MAF with supporting mods and dynotuning.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
the injectors will safely handle 50 or a little over before its pushing duty cycle. if you plan on spraying thru the MAF< then you can only get up around 75 before the MAF pegs. doing a dry set up on the fords is different than doing it on a gm. if you want to go with a healthy dry shot, it will have to be after the MAF with supporting mods and dynotuning.
What about with a lightning MAF?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 75 shot will max out the injectors even though it's an 04' and comes with 22lb injectors instead of 19lb injectors(99-03)? Well I guess I'll take it to the dyno and just slowly up the shot making sure the afr's stay in the low 12.0's high 11.8's. I'll need a one step colder plug gapped to .035 right?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
What about with a lightning MAF?
depends on power level and where the voltage is at on the MAF. these MAF's peg at 5v, so you still limited on what you can do.

A 75 shot will max out the injectors even though it's an 04' and comes with 22lb injectors instead of 19lb injectors(99-03)? Well I guess I'll take it to the dyno and just slowly up the shot making sure the afr's stay in the low 12.0's high 11.8's. I'll need a one step colder plug gapped to .035 right?
the 22lb injectors will still hold only around the 330ish rwhp range, a 75 shot will get close to that and start pushing duty cycle. why not just run a wet kit? i will run up to joplin and lend you my kit :D

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My brother already has a zex dry kit and we were going to hook it up this weekend and see if we could get ours into the low 12's for just a couple of passes(wanting to quiet a local ls1 owner). By lend what do you mean and how long does it take to hook up a wet kit? We could have the dry kit hooked up in about 30mins.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
not much longer than that. the zex dry kits are set up for return return style fuel systems, they dont have anything as of yet for returnless.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So is that something that could be done at the track in between passes or needs to be done at a garage? Also when would be a good time for you to bring it up or are you goingvto the track this Friday?

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
my POS is out of commision right now. i can meet up with ya if you would like. some one new with the SS? or some one i might know?

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I could meet you in neosho some time this week if that's be easier for you? It's a guy at work who can do nothing but run his mouth.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
This is another reason why i love mm.. Teamwork lol..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts