Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any favorite kits to reccommend? NOS is expensive, any other brands that match up? (for cheaper:X:X:X:X)

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
ZEX seems to be what most 6ers use.

·
Registered
179 Posts
here are a few nitrous kits i have heard good think about nx (nitrous express) but im not sure about venom never have heard anything about them

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
which would you go with torres? and GF dont you have an import now?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
He has a scion tc.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
which would you go with torres? and GF dont you have an import now?
yeah but a 4 and 6 cyl are gonna use the same jetting pretty much, and kits are overall universal.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
and ur getting a nos kit? what's cheaper... gimmie a link 2 a cheap one lol

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
what's a window switch for?
why would i need a purge kit/what's it do?
whats the effect of the bottle warmer?

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
a purge kit blow all the air out of you nitrous lien so you get a good nitrous shot into you engine. im pretty sure the bottle warmer has something to do with maintaining optimal bottle pressure...since pressure will change with temperature.

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
what's a window switch for?
why would i need a purge kit/what's it do?
whats the effect of the bottle warmer?
window switch will keep you from spraying in low rpms where it is dangerous, so instead of spraying right when you floor the car it will wait till you hit 3000rpm so you dont screw something up

purge kit lets u blow atmosphere out of the nitrous lines so your getting full nitrous when it sprays this isn't really needed but it will help a lot

the bottle warmer IMO is a needed part, there are two kinds temp and pressure, you will want a pressure warmer. what it will do is be connected to a pressure switch on the bottle when you hit the pressure you want (950 being optimal) the switch will turn off the heating element, if the bottle pressure drops below the pressure you have the switch set for it will turn on the bottle warmer warming the bottle to even out the bottle pressure

bottle pressure can highly effect nitrous performance too low and your not going to get the correct amount of nitrous and your going to bog badly, too high and you could have issues with combustion(not fire but things blowing from pressure)

I think that covers it lol

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont want the WOT, i want the button:p
so i wont need a window switch for that right?

·
MM's Resident Ricer
9,892 Posts
well no but honestly button is a good way to blow something up, and push button systems are illegal in the NHRA and IHRA rule book so you couldn't drag with it. Your also not able to tune your A/F ratio very well with just a push button system

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Push button systems arent legal with most associations... atleast the ones that really mean anything these days. WOT switch is the safest way to use Nitrous Oxide.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well thats stupid... wot is lame, what if u wanna race w/o nitrous? hopefully there's a disable switch or something...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
well thats stupid... wot is lame, what if u wanna race w/o nitrous? hopefully there's a disable switch or something...
there is still a switch that you use to turn the nitrous system on....but the nitrous wont engage until WOT.....and like GF said, its better to have a window switch and spray when you are in higher RPMs (2800-3300)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts