Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 gt with headers, h pipe, and cat back exhaust

I was intrested in getting nitrous for my mustang I just wasnt sure what type of nitrous to get wet or dry? I'm looking to keep my stock fuel injectors. I'm looking for something thats not gonna put a lot of wear and tare on my engine either.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
wet or dry will be all personal preference. i prefer wet myself, but dry is just as good. stock fuel pumps are only reliable to 100 shot, depending on what all is done on a car could be pushing it. at 100 shot, a tune isnt nesseccary, but pulling 1-2 degree(s) of timing will be plenty. be sure to run a copper plug, one stage colder will be just fine. getting all the supporting mods will make sure the car will take to it right and will be completly safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wet or dry will be all personal preference. i prefer wet myself, but dry is just as good. stock fuel pumps are only reliable to 100 shot, depending on what all is done on a car could be pushing it. at 100 shot, a tune isnt nesseccary, but pulling 1-2 degree(s) of timing will be plenty. be sure to run a copper plug, one stage colder will be just fine. getting all the supporting mods will make sure the car will take to it right and will be completly safe.

Would you say go wet or dry if im looking for something low mantinace and something that is going to give me gains but not huge massive gains? sort of like a "begginers" nitrous if there is one.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
If you don't want to change your injectors than go with wet. If you go dry than I wouldn't do anything over 75 with the mods you have and stock injectors unless you have a spot on tune. I guarantee it wouln't be long before that 75 shot gets old. If I were you than I'd do a simple single-nozle wet ket. You can go with a 100 shot and keep the stock fuel pump, but I'd get a fuel pressure safety switch just to keep your ass safe.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ya i think im gonna go with the dry because i'm not really trying to go over 75-100 hp anyway. What dry kits would u recommend??

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
75 is nice but you will want more after you get used to it, 100 will suit most people. i recommend zex kits, i think acmiller is/was running a compucar system on his mustang.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
a single fogger is just a nozzle that gets placed in a location of your choice. the n/x plate goes under the plenum, sandwiches betweent that and the manifold.

·
MM's resident Juice head
7,913 Posts
Give Ny-Trex a look I have the 100 shot fogger and its a good reliable kit.

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
ya i think im gonna go with the dry because i'm not really trying to go over 75-100 hp anyway. What dry kits would u recommend??
Harris Speed Works :: EFI Nitrous Kits :: HSW Dry Nitrous Kits :: Sudden Impact Series :: HSW Sudden Impact Single Nozzle Dry Nitrous Kit (MODULAR MOTOR)

Here is where I got my kit. Very good guys and all they do is nitrous. This is just a basic kit so you still need to get all the extra stuff like purge, warmer, fpss, window switch, etc.

·
Registered
291 Posts
hey man i have a 02 gt with just bout the same mods and i am running a nos wet powershot system and i am happy with it. with slicks i ran a 13.1 at 104mph going with a 100 shot this season.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts