Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at some new tires for the mustang when I purchase new wheels. My question is, do the Nitto 555's hook well? I'm not looking to change my tires every 10k miles which is the reason I want to stay away from 555R's.

If any of you guys have any input that would be great.

Thanks
Al

·
Registered
971 Posts
I run the 555's and yes they hook well for me, have some spin in first and second, but compared to stock its no comparrison. Havent used anything else so I cant compare them but I like them.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have the 555's on now and they are ok. I don't know how much hp your pushing? I am going with the 555r next time for sure.

·
Registered
971 Posts
Isnt the r a softer compound than the 555.

·
N/A 4v Guru
3,484 Posts
A set of 275 555's should hook just fine for ya. The 555 r's are will hook better but beware in rain and they wear fast especialy if you spend much time on the highway.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I figured.

Thanks guys!

·
Rebel Of The Sacred Heart
2,338 Posts
I never had any problems with my 555r's in the rain and they hooked great when it is warm. I don't remember exactly how many miles i got out of them but i ran them for about a year and a half before they were to bald to use, but i also drive very "spirited".

·
Registered
994 Posts
i have both sets of tires 555's 245/45/17 and 555r's 275/40/17 the 555's get crazy sideways shifting into second and the 555r's are awesome on the street sucky at the track compared to other dr's

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i have both sets of tires 555's 245/45/17 and 555r's 275/40/17 the 555's get crazy sideways shifting into second and the 555r's are awesome on the street sucky at the track compared to other dr's
Well thats probably cuz you dont let em cook for long enough... You really need to let the 555r's burnout for at least 8-10 seconds. They're much harder than MT's, Hoosiers', or any other real dr's. You can get em to hook real good if you let em cook for long enough and with the right pressure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts