Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys. i got the dr's on today:banana whats the best tire pressure to run on the streets?

oh and what pressure should i run em at when launching from a dig? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
275/40/17

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i need to know a pressure for everyday street use thats good for tread life and then i need a good pressure for when i launch on a dig race.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i ran around 25 on the street and 17 at the track on the same tire and they wore flat and if you lauch off idel you'll be fine they won't hold a launch like a mickey or a slick they are a good street tire but thats it

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
My buddy runs them at about 28-30psi on the streets and dropps em to 18psi at the strip. You dont wanna run em to low on the street or the sides will wear like a mutha

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
i WOULD NOT take them to the track, or launch hard from a stop, they're going to hop, grab and your going to break something.

i would run 23PSI for racing, 25PSI for a good race/wear, and then 28 for high mileage, and still get decent traction.

·
Registered
575 Posts
why would you not take them to the track? they are a drag radial, I have used them with great success at the track. I know a lot of guys who run them and swear by them. they are better then the bfg's for sure.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
why would you not take them to the track? they are a drag radial, I have used them with great success at the track. I know a lot of guys who run them and swear by them. they are better then the bfg's for sure.
some drag radials are ok at the track, a hoosier, BFG, MT mounted on a 15" rim is fine at the track. but not a 17" especially a nitto, thats how people break ****, and blame it on the **** that broke saying its weak, not the idiot that went to the track without proper tires, hopped, and broke something.

17, and 18" DR's are great for the street to get added traction on a high power car, but they dont belong at the track.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks for the help guys:)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
some drag radials are ok at the track, a hoosier, BFG, MT mounted on a 15" rim is fine at the track. but not a 17" especially a nitto, thats how people break ****, and blame it on the **** that broke saying its weak, not the idiot that went to the track without proper tires, hopped, and broke something.

17, and 18" DR's are great for the street to get added traction on a high power car, but they dont belong at the track.
its all good if they dont grip all that good on the track. i just wanted to reduce wheel hop and not have 2 seconds of effin wheel hop after hitting second when racing someone on the street. and i tested em out last night and did some launches and they did make a difference.

i ****ed up a couple times and had a lil wheel hop in first but the hop was a lil bit softer. i did one really good launch where i feathered the clutch the right amount and i didnt have any spin or hop and that was by far the quickest ive ever gotten that car to launch.

ill probably go out saturday and actually heat them up and then see how i can launch. hopefully i can find the sweet spot quickly.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i ran around 25 on the street and 17 at the track on the same tire and they wore flat and if you lauch off idel you'll be fine they won't hold a launch like a mickey or a slick they are a good street tire but thats it
thanx dude, but what pressure should i set em at when doing launches on the street.

i doubt ill be going to any tracks for a while, unless theres one near the new base im pcs'ing to.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^thanks dude. so it sounds like the good range to go down to for launching is 17-18 and 30 for regular driving.

·
Banned
2,403 Posts
its all good if they dont grip all that good on the track. i just wanted to reduce wheel hop and not have 2 seconds of effin wheel hop after hitting second when racing someone on the street. and i tested em out last night and did some launches and they did make a difference.

i ****ed up a couple times and had a lil wheel hop in first but the hop was a lil bit softer. i did one really good launch where i feathered the clutch the right amount and i didnt have any spin or hop and that was by far the quickest ive ever gotten that car to launch.

ill probably go out saturday and actually heat them up and then see how i can launch. hopefully i can find the sweet spot quickly.
you NEED to make sure that if it hops, you get off of it immediatly, you will pop a halfshaft, or the pumkin.

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
especially a nitto??? KC you always bashing parts, companies, brands, etc that you dont personally like. just because you dont like them, dont mean they are ****.

i highly recommend nitto! the others hook a little better at the track, but for overall drivablity, they are great. radials dont absorb like the bias ply, even if the radial is a 15. its the shock on parts that break, not nesseccarily the tires.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts