Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
checked my tires today(nitto 555r's)and there already worn down to the indicators on center of tire,only got 2k miles on them,just wondering how far you guys run yours until you replace them?

·
Premium Member
33,198 Posts
wow, only 2k miles? do you go to the track alot?

·
Registered
641 Posts
I run them bitches bald.. lol.. I get about 8k from mine.. 315/35/17s..

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Wow 2k...that is pretty fast. I have had mine on for at least 5k and they have plenty left.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wow, only 2k miles? do you go to the track alot?
thats what i thought wow,i thought they last about 13k miles,i've only been to track twice a total of 7 runs and the last 4 runs i burned the tires until they started to smoke and quit and everytime i take it out i'm always getting on the throttle but i never burn tire other then track.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I run them bitches bald.. lol.. I get about 8k from mine.. 315/35/17s..
thats what i plan on doing(run them bald) but at the rate i'm going i'll never get 8k miles but then again the wear indicators on the nitto's new are not that far away from surface

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow 2k...that is pretty fast. I have had mine on for at least 5k and they have plenty left.
are yours at indicators yet, mine are at indicator on center of tire but are 3/32's away on outside of tire

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I have no clue how long mine last. I only used mine for the track.

·
Procrastinator
4,558 Posts
I have ~10k on my 245/40/17 555Rs, and it looks like I have plenty left, I don't know how you have worn them own so fast. What psi have you been driving at?

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
32 or 36 psi can't remember for sure i don't know how i worn them so much either,i have 100 shot but don't think that would cause this

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
both tires are evenly worn to, i'm glad its not a daily driver

·
Admanistrator
13,320 Posts
When I get wheels, I want a tire that I can get several years out of (30-40k miles or so), but still give good traction. Am I dreaming?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Drag radials don't last that long. On my Nittos I have 10k miles, I think it has a good 5k left. By buddy has been using Nittos for a couple of years on his Z06 and he said they usually last 15k miles.

·
Registered
5,175 Posts
well i just got my first set but they are the regular 555's not the r's i hope they last

·
Registered
2,508 Posts
ik my regular 555's last a long time and i have been beating on em to

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
Seems as though you've been "accelerating" A LOT :shiftyeyes

I have nearly 10K on my R888's and the fronts are just passing the warning indicators and rears are not quite there. Been to approx. 10 AX days and spent a couple hours running around Infineon.

I typically run my fronts down well before my rears and such is the case here.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems as though you've been "accelerating" A LOT :shiftyeyes

I have nearly 10K on my R888's and the fronts are just passing the warning indicators and rears are not quite there. Been to approx. 10 AX days and spent a couple hours running around Infineon.

I typically run my fronts down well before my rears and such is the case here.

i do get on the car about everytime i take it out maybe thats why there low but still i thought they would last longer then this but i may have a few thousand left on them the indicators are only flush at center of tire

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
If indicators are ONLY flush at the center of the tires, lower the pressure a couple LBS :yes

1 - 20 of 38 Posts