Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my black fr500s today im doing 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the back. i went over and ordered nitto 555s 265/35-18 for the front and nitto 555rs 305/35-18 for the back. the guy said the 555rs will only last me about 5000 miles but i got them anyway. what was your experience with the 555rs? how many miles?

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
i just got my black fr500s today im doing 18x9 up front and 18x10 in the back. i went over and ordered nitto 555s 265/35-18 for the front and nitto 555rs 305/35-18 for the back. the guy said the 555rs will only last me about 5000 miles but i got them anyway. what was your experience with the 555rs? how many miles?
well he is partially right it all depends on how you drive because it is a very soft compound so its going to wear faster I bought 555's for the rear and its been 1/2 a year and its holding up pretty well.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
the 555rs are suppose to get 15k or so but it they will last longer than other drs and are decent in the wet. they will last longer than any other dr you can get.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Nitto website has some warnings about the 555Rs and below-freezing weather. I don't know if it's true, bust just so you know.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
i get 275 for the front, the 265 on the 9 inch wheel will be too small. ive gotten 10,000 miles and voer 23 track passes on one set of 555r and driven in the rain they are great as long as they arent worn out. they work the bet when most of the ead is gone. and to luanch properly on them, youll need to lower the pressure to around 13 psi, and the burn them about 4 more seconds longer than you think is neccesary, and then rev it to 6500 and drop the clutch. ive gone 1.71 60 foot on the with 17 inch cobras. they are a great tire!!!!

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how many seconds should my burn outs at the track be?

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
it all depends on track conditions. youll have to play around to see what works. but for the nittos to hook. they need to be very hot.

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks but im not new to the track.... i know what im doing pretty well.
<--- points to numbers like HMUSN (with a jlt on bald tires)
its just ive never driven a car with drag radials and have no idea on how much better they are going to hook then the regular compounds. usually i just spun them to clear the debris off but i know with slicks and drs u need to heat them up.

·
Carving corners
3,328 Posts
thanks but im not new to the track.... i know what im doing pretty well.
<--- points to numbers like HMUSN (with a jlt on bald tires)
its just ive never driven a car with drag radials and have no idea on how much better they are going to hook then the regular compounds. usually i just spun them to clear the debris off but i know with slicks and drs u need to heat them up.
and if you read the article you would have seen a paragraph or two dedicated to your question, just being helpful:D

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks. but every dr is different though and i wanted an opinion of someone running a 555r. because i dont want to waste my tires on too long of a burn out.

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
your gonna waste some tire on the nittos they have to be really hot. like i said burn em for about 4 secs longer than you think you need to. as fr your times. i ran 13.80 in a bone stock 2v with stock tires

·
Noob Slayer
2,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nice.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
The Nitto website has some warnings about the 555Rs and below-freezing weather. I don't know if it's true, bust just so you know.
I dont know bout the 555rs but my 555s are pretty slick when its cold, its really only the first 5-10 min once theres a lil hit they were fine and the temps were pushin freezin outside.

·
Registered
799 Posts
how are the 555r's for cornering and street driving, i would like a rear tire to pair up with kumho ecsta MX's once i get em, and i've heard great things about the 555r's....

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
well they area d rag radial so take that into consideration when you talk about cornering, but i have actually talkedto a bunch of vette guys who put the 555r all the way around on there cars when they head out to the road course and they swear by them so......... buton the street they track good. my car isnt a corner carver so i cant give an accurate description of how well they will corner

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i've got 3500 miles on mine with 8 track passes and they still look brand new

and I'm also running 255's on my fronts with 9" rim and its fine

1 - 17 of 17 Posts