Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you guys know I recently bought Nitto INVO tires.
These Tires are a step above NT555s(300 Treadware) and I beleive theyre a step below NT05s(200 Treadware).

Mine Are 255x50x17zr which comes out to a basicly same diameter tire as the stock (maybe slightly larger) and a 10.2 inch width(looks MEAN). They dont hit the sidewalls in the front (about 1 inch or so to spare on a stock suspension and still plenty of room to lower it)

They grip like CRAZY... I live in a canyon and some of the turns I used to barely be able to hit at 40-45 are nothing to these tires. They also look great, very little writing on the sidewalls and a great tread pattern, they kinda look like drag radials :D

My only complaint, which I have no one except for myself to blame is after only one week I can tell by the amount of rubber I've layed down of my driveway that they wont last very long. The treadware rating is only 220 so I'd expect these to last only 15,000 miles at best. So if you plan on driving on a rough surface alot or just plain alot of driving, NT555s are probably better for you.

I'd also like to point out that they are also great in wet weather (according to Nitto they are something like NT555s in rain) and that I plan on showing someone in a Camaro hows its done with these babies. Those SOBs think their faster but they have an unfair advantage... massive rear tires.

·
Abyssinian of AX
7,994 Posts
I am not at all surprised by your evaluation between the 555's and Invos. I am a bit surprised that you think you can roast the tires and STILL get 15K out of them ;)

I would imagine that the 555's would be better in the heavy wet, but drive VERY conservatively when roads are wet. You will never see me past 55 MPH or push any kind of speed when roads are even damp from morning dew.

Jazzer :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
i've had invo's for a year now and there awsome! great description deathdealer, what psi you running on your tires?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I think I'm running 51 but I'm only saying that because it says 51 on the side of the tire. I didnt install them but I plan on measuring the pressure soon.

·
All sissies going to Hell!
5,818 Posts
damn I was looking at the invo's they might make it on the car and have a set of 555's and 2 555r's for straight lines :D

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I run mine at 40, found that was the sweet spot for me

1 - 11 of 11 Posts