Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever ran these DR's?? I'm looking for a really good set of DR's and i've been looking at Hoosiers, but I found these and they look sweeeeeeet. I'm trying to bust 1.7 60 fts. I already got the suspension covered

·
Forever in our hearts travis_afx
4,391 Posts
Those aren't really drag radials. They have a much stiffer sidewall for cornering. Those tires are mainly for road racing and what not. Look at the Nitto 555R if you want a good strait line tire.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh........ok. I dont really want to go with the 555R's, I wanted something unique and I'm more of a BFG guy, so what about the BFG DR's? Or any other suggestions are welcome.

·
Registered
962 Posts
Oh........ok. I dont really want to go with the 555R's, I wanted something unique and I'm more of a BFG guy, so what about the BFG DR's? Or any other suggestions are welcome.
you want a unique drag radial?? does that belong in the same paragraph?

maybe you need to state your needs for the car and the tire, being unique isnt exactly the way to go when picking tires(drag radials at that) for your mustang... its either you want to hook good or you dont

·
Registered
962 Posts
and for the record i got 15k outta my bfgs and then sold the car

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I want to hook good of course and I'm leaning alot towards the BFG's because I can get a good price on them from my work. Now onto sizing, I have a set of cobra rims that at 17 x 9 and I want to run 275/40/17s. I should prolly get smaller rims like prostars, or draglites, but I dont have the money right now so I gotta make due. ANYWAY, whats the advantages of running a 275 say over a 305 or 315. I know the tread width is different, but what does benefit over a smaller tread width. More traction??

·
The Mean Green
5,528 Posts
BFG and MT drag radials are on eternal backorder right now

·
Doc
37,101 Posts
as far as the tread patterns honestly dude.. I don't think you have enough power to worry about the little **** like that.. that's for 600
plus HP cars.

you have 2 options.. get the 275's and use your wheels or drop to 15's and use 315's
the 315's will hook better because of the extra flex

·
Registered
962 Posts
general rule of thumb is the wider tire is gunna hook better... however i would just get the 275s and not worry about the others esp if you have 17x9s... can you fit a wider tire? yes, should you fit a wider tire? no. in this case i wouldnt consider if very safe to run much of a wider tire, even though i know many people have done it, they arent able to utilize the extra width from the tire...

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome, you guys are freakin incredible when it comes to **** like this. Looks like BFG G-Sport DR's 275/40/17's are what I'm going with. Thanks again!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts