Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I woke up and my blinkers don't work.

I have an 88 LX 5.0 Hatch

I've checked the fuse.. the flasher behind the fuse panel (told that is the hazard flasher anyways) From what I've read online there is another flasher which is supposed to be located behind either the radio mount or behind the glovebox. I've looked in both spots and cannot find it. I want to find it to find out if I need a whole new switch.

Anyone have any pictures or better advice for finding this thing?

thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
After changing your flasher and it still does not work might want to check your headlight switch, and turn signal switch. They had a lot of issues with melting at the connections on the fox body mustangs. If you pull the steering wheel shroud to check your turn signal switch check the ignition switch too for melting around the connector. If anything looks slightly melted or burned make sure you go ahead and replace the part and the harness. Due to the common electrical failures on the headlight switch, turn signal switch, and ignition switch the harness and part is readily available at most autoparts stores. Let us know what you find.

·
Powered by LSx tears
21,466 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of the multifunction switch failure. $100 and about and hour, you'll be fixed up. It's a common problem with a lot of fords. I replaced the one on my truck a few months ago.

·
Proud American
11,288 Posts
Sounds like a classic case of the multifunction switch failure. $100 and about and hour, you'll be fixed up. It's a common problem with a lot of fords. I replaced the one on my truck a few months ago.
Agree, but unfortunatly 100 bucks isnt what the OEM cost from ford... LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After changing your flasher and it still does not work might want to check your headlight switch, and turn signal switch. They had a lot of issues with melting at the connections on the fox body mustangs. If you pull the steering wheel shroud to check your turn signal switch check the ignition switch too for melting around the connector. If anything looks slightly melted or burned make sure you go ahead and replace the part and the harness. Due to the common electrical failures on the headlight switch, turn signal switch, and ignition switch the harness and part is readily available at most autoparts stores. Let us know what you find.
I've replaced the headlight switch and the ignition switch, so maybe it is the multifunction switch. NAPA wants.. 188 for it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts