Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I found out tonight my brake lights are gone and according to my fiancé have been for a while but she thought I knew, that explains people almost rear ending me at stop signs and when I turn Into streets. So back on topic , what's going on , I Have turn signals in the rear but no brake lights on either side.

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Disturbin' The Peace
4,121 Posts
It could also be that you have dual filament light bulbs and one of the filaments has gone bad
If he still has turn signals, then the filaments are still good.

·
Registered
21,024 Posts
When I put on my Saleen spoiler, I popped the brake light fuse. Kept popping, so I figured there was an exposed wire from the Saleen 3rd brake light. Didn't see anything, but taped it up anyways. Still kept popping.

Checked underneathe the pedals, and the brake light signal and return signal wires, one of them barley had some wire hanging out. Must have caused it to short circuit. Taped it up, and has been good.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Check the wires on your break light switch under the break pedal. I had very recently had to take mine off, get a new plastic connector, and re-crimp it. Not sure if it got caught on a shoe or what, but I managed to break one of the wires off and it caused my lights to not work.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ill start with the fuses since those are the easiest to look at then ill check the wires is the central fuse box right under the dash drivers side ?

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright when my headlights are on the tailights are on but when I press the brake pedal nothing happens

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Have you checked the fuses? The brake lights are fused separately from the headlights, taillights and turn signals...

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So even if a fuse goes , the brake lights will light up when the headlights are on but nothing will happen when I press the pedal?

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
Yes because brake lights and tail lights are two differant circuts. Check fuses too. After that grab a small flashlight and look up under your dash and see of the brake light switch looks intact with wires going to it. Check fuses too.

·
Wanna be show worthy.
11,838 Posts
Any spot with bare medal.

·
Poo tee weet?
2,646 Posts
Green wire down by the brake pedal? Is it just a bare wire at the end or does it have a connector on it? Either way if it's green it probably is indeend ground so yeah anything metal.

·
eating 1 ricer at a time
4,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It is the green it its just a bare where is pin 16 so I can't just attach it to the metal for a temp fix

1 - 20 of 28 Posts