Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So recently I was informed that I had no brake lights in my 2000 GT, and immediately realized that my turn signals nor hazards were working either.

I have already checked the grounds, replaced all the fuses that pertain to my problem and swapped out the bulbs, but no luck. My 3rd brake light does still work though. I'm puzzled. I have searched around the threads and haven't had much luck at finding any solutions. I have ruled out the brake pedal switch since the turn signals are not working either. I have tried jiggling the turn signal knob while holding the brake down and have gotten no luck. So if anyone has had a similar problem or can give me a starting place I would be much appreciative.

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I had a similar issue when I first bought my mustang. The brake lights and stuff acted all funkey. Turned out to be a bad switch on the lever that controls the turn signals and siper speed, etc. Replaced it with a new one and everything works great now.

definatly try to narrow it down before you just replace stuff though

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the switch you are referring to is the multifunction switch. It seems they are a common problem, and is the primary suspect right now.

·
Registered
9 Posts
any word on a solution yet? i have the exact same problem except my car is a 98 and my 3rd brake light does not work either. i swapped a flasher unit from a buddies 96 cobra and it made no difference. i have no hazzards, no brake lights (when the pedal is pressed) and no turnsignals. i dont have a meter so trying to see if this multi function switch is the issue. thanks !!

·
Registered
84 Posts
HAHA, my brakes lights work, but when the head/parking lights are on the brakes lights(including the 3rd) stay on.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The brake lights and stuff acted all funkily. Turned out to be a bad switch on the lever that controls the turn signals and sipper speed etc. have ruled out the brake pedal switch since the turn signals are not working either. I have tried jiggling the turn signal knob while holding the brake down and have gotten no luck.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts