Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I rebuilt both front calipers in my car because one was starting to stick. reinstalled them and bled the whole system, rear then front, passenger side first. the pedal pressure is awesome when the car is off but as soon as I start it the pedal pressure goes away and the brakes don't grab until I'm just off the floor, and then the pressure comes right back when I shut it off. also I cant "pump up" the brakes when the car is running but I can when its off. whats up?:dunno

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
bleed the master cyl & then the rest of the system again

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
how do i bleed the master cylinder by it self? does it have to be removed from the car?
there are bleeders right on the side of the master cyl, no need to remove it, but you must start there, then the rest of the system.

Reactions: motorhead6776

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
there are bleeders right on the side of the master cyl, no need to remove it, but you must start there, then the rest of the system.
:withstupid

Same thing happened when I pulled the Bullitt brakes off of mine.

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Cut a soda bottle or something off to catch the brake fluid from the master cylinder. The bleeder valves point straight at the engine, and more towards the exhaust manifolds, so if you don't catch it, you'll have to smell burning brake fluid for a few days.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cut a soda bottle or something off to catch the brake fluid from the master cylinder. The bleeder valves point straight at the engine, and more towards the exhaust manifolds, so if you don't catch it, you'll have to smell burning brake fluid for a few days.
clear hose to an empty bottle :cool: keeps my painted calipers painted...

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
so i bled the master cylinder this morning, there was a little air in it not much, and then the whole system again and i still have the same issue. almost race car pedal pressure when not running but as soon as i start the car the pedal goes almost to the floor and no amount of pumping can bring the pressure up.:mad:

new master fixed it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts