Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Im wondering if anyone has tried the cam tune from Bama on an Automatic? Also they tell me that I need an off road mid pipe (not a big deal as Im gettin long tubes in spring) is this because the cats will cause a limp mode?

·
good with the steel.
244 Posts
The tune runs very rich, overtime it will reduce the life of your cats.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
Hey, how does that pro chamber sound with the pypes axle back? Do you have the cats deleted? Is it deep or raspy? I wanted a pro chamber to keep the deep sound that the pypes had when I had cats installed. When I removed them it got stupid loud. The pro chamber wasn't out yet so I sorta made my own setup with a dynaflo ultraflo x pipe muffer and 3 inch pipe. Definitely gave me the deep sound I wanted with little rasp but I'm still curious about the pro chamber.

BTW sorry about the thread diversion, just saw your SIG. To answer the OPs question the autos will buck and shake when in drive and having the lope tune. My power stroke loped when I had my stage 3 injectors but I got used to it... Also you'll have to remove your cats because it will destroy them soon and you'll have to change them anyways later on.

·
Premium Member
920 Posts
Hey guys, Im wondering if anyone has tried the cam tune from Bama on an Automatic? Also they tell me that I need an off road mid pipe (not a big deal as Im gettin long tubes in spring) is this because the cats will cause a limp mode?
king handy,

I don't suggest uploading our Bama cam tune to an Automatic transmission PCM. Since the Manual and Automatic cars have different PCM codes, there's a good chance it will become bricked it tunes are switched. Plus, even if the PCM wasn't bricked, keep in mind there's lots of parameters that affect the shifting behaviors of your transmission that will no longer be there. At the very least, I would imagine that the PCM would go into limp mode until the correct files were uploaded again. You should only upload tunes that were made for your particular car to avoid any kind of damage.

Also, the reason an Off Road Mid-pipe is required for our Bama cam tune is because the tune runs very rich at idle and low rpm. The extra unburnt fuel will eventually clog up your catalytic converters and choke out the engine. Or, the unburnt fuel will build up in the catalytic converter and end up melting the cat internally.

Hope I answered all of your questions. Let me know if I need to clear anything up or if you have anymore questions. I'd be happy to answer them for you!

Shane

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Shane, if the tune were designed for his specific car, how would it brick or throw a code?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys. On a side note wouldnt actually having larger cams in the car do the same thing?

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
not necessarily. With larger cams it's a physical change. With the ghost cam you are adding a ton of fuel and messing with the cam timing to get the appearance of cams. That's what throws the CEL.

·
5.Slow Driver
276 Posts
I dont have any check engine lights.. been running the AED cammed tune for around 8k miles and the Bama one for around 5k before that. Only time i switch to normal idle is when i throw on the Drag tune from AED or the street tune when Im going on a trip or get tired of the choppy idle. IMO the AED lope idle tune is very Daily friendly. Isn't as aggressive sounding as others but makes it very easy to drive and doesn't die with the A/C turned on.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts