Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"When I turn my light switch on I get headlights and tailights and all that but the only thing that I am not getting is any dash light. None of the guages light up and I am wondering if it could be my switch. I checked fuses and replaced a bad one but that wasnt it. I am at wits end here. bulbs are good too. I even messed with the dimmer switch under the witch to see if it was turned down or something but no luck. By the way the car is a 93 gt cobra. Any help would be great thanks guys in advance....

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
The dimmer switch has been an issue for alot of people. Turn it all the way up till the overhead lights come on and then wiggle it around and see if that makes a difference

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I agree with mxnate116 the dimmer switch is the biggest issue on fox body mustangs you can go to late model restoration and buy a new one for 100 bucks or you can toggle the dimmer switch until it lights up again

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I took my dash apart all the way last night so that I could put my new heater core in and well now I do have dash lights but they are on ALL the time. I have to pull the taillight fuse and they will go out then but then I don't have any tailights when I turn my headlights on. I don't understand what I could have done but I don't understand this one. Got any suggestions?? My dimmer switch has no effect on the interior lights either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
"When I turn my light switch on I get headlights and tailights and all that but the only thing that I am not getting is any dash light. None of the guages light up and I am wondering if it could be my switch. I checked fuses and replaced a bad one but that wasnt it. I am at wits end here. bulbs are good too. I even messed with the dimmer switch under the witch to see if it was turned down or something but no luck. By the way the car is a 93 gt cobra. Any help would be great thanks guys in advance....
i have the same problem and a new mustang owner.... i was woundering how to take the dash apart ? and also my dim switch wont move, it got stuck plz help

1 - 8 of 8 Posts