Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I was backing up out of the drive way and my car stalled on me twice. I thought, dang it, I don't know how to drive stick anymore. I then proceeded down the blocked and the car hesitated. So, I decided to punch it and it revved up and quickly died down. I limped the car back home and let it idle. The idle was very rough and came up and down to where it almost died. I then gave it gas and it died. At this point I tried starting it up but it did not go. The car turns over fine but no fuel came out when I pushed in the shrader valve. I then checked the fuses and relays in the engine bay which were all fine. So, I decided to drop the tank and replace the pump. I also replaced the filter.

Today, I primed the pump and there was no fuel pressure again. The vehicle turned over but was hard to start. It then started after 5 times with a rough idle. I gave it gas and it hesitated once more. Drove it around the blocked with minimal acceleration and it was fine. I then hammered it and it picked up and and almost died again. Basically, the same thing occurred once more.

So, what do you guys think.
Also, I am not any codes.

Thanks in advance.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Can you get your hands on a fuel pressure gauge? Is fuel coming out if you push the Schrader valve now? What pump did you install?

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
Just to throw it out there, recently changed the fuel filter...?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just changed the motorcraft fuel filter with a wix.

Red button in the trunk is pushed down.

I think I hear the pump prime.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
I know you probably don't want to but disconnect the fuel line at the filter, get a bowl and have someone turn the key to see if fuel comes out.

·
GT 4.6 SOHC
270 Posts
I know you probably don't want to but disconnect the fuel line at the filter, get a bowl and have someone turn the key to see if fuel comes out.
"Have a box of lucky charms handy!" sorry, I had to... :bubba:

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I really don't want to but I see where you are going. It doesn't hurt to try. Hopefully I can get get my brother to come by tonight.

"Have a box of lucky charms handy!" sorry, I had to... :bubba:
You got it buddy.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
I really don't want to but I see where you are going. It doesn't hurt to try. Hopefully I can get get my brother to come by tonight.

You got it buddy.
It won't be bad once you get under there lol, its just the thought of backtracking

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Alright LS, I primed the pump twice and there was no fuel coming out of the filter.
I then turned over the engine twice and there was no fuel.

So the problem has to lie at the back end of the fuel system. It can't be the pump again, can it? I know it is a possibility but damn.

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Yea bud unfortunately it probably is, I went through 2 before I got a working one. Good job finding the source of the problem lol. I like to trouble shoot rather than shotgun parts. Comes from years of working on aircraft

·
Carport Built
871 Posts
Also go over your installation steps also, sometimes we forget things. Make sure the orange hoses in the tank on the fuel hat aren't cut also

·
Thrbfirs..... Meat Eggs
4,398 Posts
Have you checked your FPDM?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found the problem. Alrighty guys I feel like a chump. I went to go check my emergency fuel cut off button in the trunk. Of course, the button was pushed down but the wire wasn't connected. Thanks for your help and reps to you. Big jim just for the sake of closure what would I have to do to check my my FPDM?>

1 - 20 of 25 Posts