Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving the other day, and saw that my intake manifold cracked were the heater core hose goes into the intake manifold. So i bought the new replacement one from ford. I installed it today and I have no heat, and the heater core hoses are cold? I drove it around for 20 mins and it didnt overheat. What could it be?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
sounds like your have an air pocket in the system not allowing the fluid through. Try and purge all the air out of the cooling system

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
one way is you can take the cap off and let it run and run and run. PM blown4vgt. I believe thats the way he did his. I have a took that uses compressed air and creates a vacuum to purge the air out

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
You need to run the car and put the heat on high. this will help pull coolant through the system. Keep an eye on the over flow, you'll prolly need to top it off. Lastly, just cuz the gauge doesnt say it hot doesnt mena its not. If theres no coolant on the sensor it can take too long to tell you its overheating.

·
8,720 Posts
Thermostat wont affect the heat, that just opens and closes the ssystem to the radiator. did you purge the system?

·
!FACEPLATED!
15,305 Posts
Thermostat wont affect the heat, that just opens and closes the ssystem to the radiator. did you purge the system?
thermostate does to effect heat. If its stuck open, the coolant wont stay in the engine to warm up, it will just keep circulating and take a long time to warm up.

·
8,720 Posts
thermostate does to effect heat. If its stuck open, the coolant wont stay in the engine to warm up, it will just keep circulating and take a long time to warm up.
Tru but you would get heat. there would also be water in the upper hoses. In this case I dont think the thermostat is the issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts