Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was weird though...I had a job interview today at 8 am, I'm not feeling too great and ended up leaving my house quite a bit late so I was driving really fast once I hit the freeway. I switched into the far lane doing probably about 85-90, look behind me, and lo and behold, theres a Stater hauling some serious ass to get up behind me.

So I'm thinking "****!" and slow down to about ~45ish, just waiting for the red and blues to come on, though I stayed in my lane. Only thing is, the lights never came on, he rode my ass for maybe half a mile, then switched over a lane, pulled up next to me and stared me down, then sped off.

Scared the **** out of me, lol, I don't know if there was too much traffic for him to safely pull me over, or his radar gun wasn't on till I slowed way down, or what, but I was lucky. Just thought I'd share.

·
I Poop Entirely Way Too Much
8,720 Posts
Id say tou got lucky. MAybe he saw you speeding but wasnt ready with the gun and wasnt trying to figure out how fast you were goin but couldnt. Hope the interview worked out for you.

·
I Blumpkin Entirely Way Too Much
6,802 Posts
Alot of the time they will get up right behind you just to let you know they are watching. they realize that some times people just "accidentally" speed and then they noticed that you slowed down and were being safe.

cops around here have better things to do then give young punks tickets.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Alot of the time they will get up right behind you just to let you know they are watching. they realize that some times people just "accidentally" speed and then they noticed that you slowed down and were being safe.

cops around here have better things to do then give young punks tickets.
yeap. He could still ticket you without the gun. He could give you an "excessive speed" ticket. They are after all trained to judge your speed by eye. Driving 90mph on the freeway = not safe, driving 45mph on the freeway = not safe. I think you shoulda got the ticket.

·
Banned
17,374 Posts
yeap. He could still ticket you without the gun. He could give you an "excessive speed" ticket. They are after all trained to judge your speed by eye. Driving 90mph on the freeway = not safe, driving 45mph on the freeway = not safe. I think you shoulda got the ticket.
lol...you amuse me

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
He knew how fast you were going. When my father went through the police academy, they had to be able to guess the speed of a vehicle within 3 MPH under three circumstances. Coming toward them, cross in front of them, and going away from them.

This was an academy requirement for graduation

·
Not A Regular Member
17,101 Posts
Alot of the time they will get up right behind you just to let you know they are watching.
I hate it when they do that when I'm not doing anything wrong. I had a state trooper follow me around town for a good 20 minutes one time. I was just bored and driving around aimlessly and he never left my bumper. He finally left me alone when I stopped for gas. I'm sure he was waiting for me to **** up, but if there's a trooper on my ass I'm doing everything by the book :lol

·
4,253 Posts
Did he by anychance look like this?

I bet they did look like that meow.

That would certainly be intimidating meow.

Drivers license and registra-shun meow.

·
Will Eat Spam From Your Butt
6,807 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Where in my post did I ever say whether I should or shouldn't have gotten a ticket? Yes, I was driving way over the speed limit, but I was also prepared to get a ticket when I saw the cop. It was his actions that were a little surprising to me.

And for future reference, driving 45 mph on the freeway during rush hour is hardly unsafe in most decent sized cities. With the exception of the far left lane (the one I was in) traffic tends to get pretty backed up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts