Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys. I'm having a problem reading my codes. When I plug into the DLC, I get no power :( I checked the fuses, they're all good. I'm not good at wiring, but I did check a diagram and it looks like the wire I needed to check was pink/light blue. I checked it and got no light. I think my next move is to look for that same wire by the PCM and check it. Am I correct? Any help here would be great, I'm not too good at wiring!

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
On your diagram, find the next easiest point of access. Check for power there. Also check to see if the grounds are working. Could be something as simple as a bad ground. But don't get dead set on that.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, i didnt think about grounds. Thanks for the input, I'm going to try every angle here. lol, I have the day off of work tomorrow, so I'll keep you guys posted

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked over by the ecu, but no luck. It's the same color wires, but comes out of a plug, which makes me think it has nothin to do with what I'm looking for. This is getting frustrating =\ Especially considering its the only thing holding me back from being able to drive the car

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still not having any luck with this. I want to try to figure it out myself because I know a shop is going to charge out the ass for something so stupid -____- I didn't check the ground yet, I'm not sure where it is. I printed a list of ground locations off of all data, just have to figure out which one it is. Any ideas? I'll even type out the list for you:

G102 LH front of engine compartment
G103 RH front of engine compartment
G104 LH front of engine compartment
G105 LH front of engine
G201 Behind instrument panel, at RH cowl
G203 Behind center of I/P
G204 Behind center of I/P
G205 Behind center of I/P
G300 Below rear of center console
G350 RH front of trunk
G400 RH rear window pillar

I'm assuming it has to be near the I/P somewhere, so it's gotta be one of those, right?

Also, just to double check....There's no way it can have anything to do with something I forgot to plug in while doing my engine swap, right? Because my radio, and speedometer are also not working....Could it all be related?

I really appreciate any help, guys!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Also, just to double check....There's no way it can have anything to do with something I forgot to plug in while doing my engine swap, right? Because my radio, and speedometer are also not working....Could it all be related?
My guess would be that they're all related. I don't have my wiring diagrams in front of me but it sounds like you have some serious wiring issues.

What did you forget to plug in and why haven't you plugged it in yet?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I don't see anything unplugged, I'm just thinking I may have forgotten something, but I've looked all around the engine bay and don't see anything unplugged, at all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Check all the wires to the fuse boxes, while the fuses may be good your connections may not. Does the ECU have power?

·
Just Cheesin'
7,574 Posts
You can use a test light to verify that the fuses and wires to the fuse box are all good in one simple test..

·
Registered
461 Posts
You can use a test light to verify that the fuses and wires to the fuse box are all good in one simple test..
This is correct. How ever I am lazy and to check fuses I just simply pull them look at them give them a light tap to make sure they're in one piece and replace them. Not saying everyone is but I sure am. :yes

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've actually been trying to do that, but it seems like I'm going to break something pulling the fuse box from the metal bracket. I'll force it somehow. Lol. But I did check the pins the fuses plug onto with a test light, all were good, I believe

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Data link connector. the plug you connect a tuner to or connect a code reader to

·
Registered
461 Posts
Stupid question but do you have the key turned to the on position?

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah. Lol, don't feel like its a stupid question, I see people forget simple things like that all the time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts