Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alright so im getting some noise from my driver side wheel well not sure abt the passenger side it sounds like it has to do with the tires since its not a constant squeaky noise and it goes away when i apply the breaks or start turning left or right.....anybody got an idea what it might be brakes or something like that

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Is it a squeaky noise though? It just goes away when you apply the brakes? Does the car pull to the drivers side when you're NOT applying the brakes? /When you're applying the brakes?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Is it only audible at low speeds? Does it sound like the low brake pad indicator scraping, high pitch intermittent squeal?

I had this happen to other cars of mine. It could be rust buildup on the rotor rubbing the pad every rotation. If the rotors aren't real old, you can try sanding down the inner and outer edges of the rotor on both sides. I had to do this on my '07 Explorer just last week.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Check your ball joints. If the rubber boot is torn/cracked/missing replace them. Common on Fords.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is a squeaking noise and it seams to hit every rotation and speeds up when i speed up and no the car never pulls to the driver side only the passenger side (slightly)....im gonna check for the ball joint after i wake up tonight....i have no idea how to tell if the break pad is done or not and the rotors/brake pads havnt been replaced since ive had the car which is like 1 1/2isch years

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
Just look through your rims and see if you can see how thick the brake pads are. You may have to take the rim off and top of the caliper to get a closer look.

·
MM's Official Lucifer
4,081 Posts
Yeah not hard, if the pads are real thin replace them, not a hard install. Warped/grooved rotors and/or low pads will cause noise/vibration.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
aight im gonna take a look at that here in a bit thanks a lot guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts