Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
i had a problem like that in my camaro, i lifted the car and found that one of the rear springs wasnt seating right so, it would move around when it compressed and or expanded so much or like when i took a hard turn

·
Registered
753 Posts
when I put my mufflers on and drive on the street .I hear noise out of my suspension..I have strange shocks and coilovers..I say its normal

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
what i would suggest is going back under it, getting it off the ground and making sure that the suspension is in the right spot, u might just have to re-position one of the springs

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Question...

When you put the new tubular uppers and lowers on.

1) did you torque them down with the car jacked up by the axle or jacked up by the frame?

2) did you grease the bushings?

Sounds like you have some bushing bind. Grease them and jack the car up by the axle when you torque the control arms down otherwise the bushings will be preloaded too much.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
Yep, lossen them and move the axle up and down with a jack a few times and then jack the car up by the center section and torque them down. I think it is 75 ft lbs. I usually just use my impact with a twist fitting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts