Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is it a wheel bearing when it woooooooooowoooowoooooo's at higher speeds? It also has a shhhh sh sh sh sh sh sound at lower speeds. I swear it sounds like a wheel bearing to me but IDK. My dad is almost deaf and won't listen to anything I say.

Hope the sound effects work. My girlfriend and I couldn't hold a conversation it was so loud.

I just put new strange axles in it and I'm scared its going to chew them up.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Jack her up and wiggle the wheel up and down and side to side for all four and see whcih one may be loose if that's the cause

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
Yeah...
is the noise coming from the rear, front...?
I'm going to assume the rear since you're concerned about your new axles.
Did you only install new 31 spline axles, or a whole new 31 spline diff as well?

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
You need to provide more information, is it coming from the front, rear, or the middle of the car.

Who did the rearend work, did you do it yourself or have it done at a shop.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well since you offered, I'll take one
LOL

From what I can tell it seems like its coming from the rear passanger side wheel. Thats why I called a wheel bearing.

I installed a new 31 ford diff with bearings and all about a year ago.

So if its a bearing, the wheel will be loose?

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
I prefer the term "axle bearing" for the rear end.
Jack the rear end up and turn it by hand and see if you get any noise. I'd think you'd get some play in the axle/wheel if the bearing was going, but I'm not positive. I've never had one go bad.
What condition are your brakes in? Check those out, too.

Reactions: Nossit

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright I'll jack it up tomorrow and see if I have any play. It was so damn loud my girl and I couldn't talk to each other without screaming. When I slowed down under 45, it all went away.

Nice car btw rabbit.

·
Banned from AFM member!
783 Posts
Thanks dude. Let us know what you find.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts