Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a few questions regarding the Non PI to PI swap for my 1996 Mustang GT. Since I am ordering a MHS Boss 5.0L BIg Bore Street Longblock with TF heads and a Kenne Bell to come soon after that. Here is a list of parts I am assuming that I will need to complete the swap.

2001-2004 Mustang GT Intake Manifold
Intake Manifold Gasket Kit
Heater Tube
Heater Tube Nipple
2001-2004 Mustang GT Alternator Bracket
2001-2004 Mustang GT Alternator
2001-2004 Mustang GT Valve Covers for 13/14 Windsor

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It looks that way. As an FYI. I have an 01 pi manifold laying around and probably an alternator bracket. P.M. me an offer

·
Registered
982 Posts
If you switching to Trickflow heads down the line why not just do the PI intake swap. Its where most of the performance is gained and it would be far less work.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
Yes, you need the 01-04 intake manifold with the aluminum crossover. They don't make the 99-00 anymore. They had to replace too many under warranty.

I may have misunderstood. I think you said you need 01-04 Windsor valve covers. The last half of 01 to 04 were Romeo motors. 99-01 and a half were Windsor motors. Since I don't know the VIN number where they changed back to Romeos I usually just say 99-00 were Windsors.

I do not know this for a fact but I had heard that TrickFlow heads were tapped for both. If not please correct me.

What compression ratio did you go with? I have read articles that say you can run greater compression with TrickFlow heads because of their design.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts