Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I'm new to this forum, and looking for a little bit of wisdom. Before I get started, you should probably know what I'm working with. It's an 05 v6 mustang with the following mods:

Two-paint, red bot, black top
Dual cowl hood
Front lip kit
Ducktail spoiler
Centered fog lights
Shaved antenna
20" Cragar SS wheels, offset, 9" front, 10" rear
Dynomax catback exhaust system
-X-pipe
-two Ultra-flo welded mufflers
-stainless steel tips
Aftermarket headers
Cold air intake
Large than stock throttle body (can't remember mm's)
Lambo Doors (WELDED)
Touchscreen in-dash 6"
Two 12" subs in custom box to fix trunk specifically
Amps for subs and hi

With that being said, the car has a few issues, some recurring in this forum when i used the search bar. I'm afraid the issues may be caused by the custom box and amp hookup. Maybe some fuses got fried or wires damaged or something, def not an electrical techy. First, my driver window will not roll up or down. It is stuck at the level the window is at before shutting the door. This causes leaks when raining, which could cause more damage. Also, the passenger door will not unlock electrically. When using the switch i can hear a motor that sounds like it is coming from under the dash, but there is no noise, nor movement from the door or lock. My key faub will not pop my trunk, but that may be due to pushing the trunk towards the front of the car in hopes to reduce bass vibrations. My doors are also a bit offset from the lambo door work, it seems they are too close to the body by the hinges. Worse of all problems are the speakers. They SCREAM nonsense when i start the car and lasts about 15 mins whether the car radio is on or off.

In summary:
driver window will not move up or down
passenger door lock can not be unlocked electrically
key faub will not pop trunk
doors are offset and give me trouble closing
speakers scream for no good reason

If you can offer any assistance, please do. Im not new to car forums in general, I'm also on Yarisworld and have been for 2 years, so I am aware not everyone will agree with the mods or need for help on first post. However, i greatly appreciate any help or direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
In summary:
driver window will not move up or down
I would first suspect the window switch, but you can take the door panel off and test the window motor with a 12v source
passenger door lock can not be unlocked electrically
lock solenoid is toast
key faub will not pop trunk
trunk solenoid is toast
doors are offset and give me trouble closing
take it to a body shop to have the doors aligned
speakers scream for no good reason
recheck all the connections from the radio to the amp(s), double check your grounds(make sure they are all solid bare metal), make sure the RCA's dont run within a foot at least of the amp power wire

Thanks
welcome to the forum :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just remembered, I've had the window motor replaced before and that didn't fix the problem, is there a reason why?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
my first guess would be the switch, if thats not it then there might be a short or broken wire somewhere. if the other window works then the fuse is probably fine

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
here's a tricky one, pulled the two amps and box out of the car. Now the car takes a second to start up and when it does it won't get over 1500 rpms. tried to reconnect amps but nothing is working. Any help?

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
hmm. damn thats a tough one, did you short anything out while you were taking the amps out?

try disconnecting the battery for 20 minutes, then touch the battery cables together and reconnect the battery to reset the computer

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
disconnected the battery and pumped brakes then reattached battery after 10, no luck. ill try for 20. shorted an amp fuse, saw it spark and pop. but tried to disconnect amp power cable from battery, but car won't start without it now. it must be tied into multiple power sources. never getting a stereo assembled in the hood again.

·
Better than Drugs!
2,064 Posts
I say post some pics of the car and welcome sounds like a sexy machine. Sorry to hear about the gremlins geting you now but soon they will be gone. Theres alot of help here in this forum. Keep asking and searching. Welcome again

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
hahha. makes sense that is what you'd need. ill see if i can get some of those. mess is mainly in trunk, it's just the amp powered to the battery wire under the hood.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
soooooo, i got some codes read off my friends obd reader. they are:

p2111 x2
p2104 x2

throttle response? any suggestions where to start?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
did some research and it seems as if the TPS is the reason for these codes for most other people. Ill prob pick one up from auto zone tomorrow. doesn't look too hard to replace. plug and play i imagine? correct me if im wrong.

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
not sure about the 05 and ups but on the foxes they need a little bit of adjustment to get them right. id look it up in a chiltons/haynes manual and see what it says.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts