Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im installing a new hu in my 04 stang with what i believe has the 460 mach(factory amps in the trunk w/ no subs) and im actually doing this based on the searches ive found on here. however, the wiring harness im using is scosche so a few wires are different...
well heres the wires i have left...

on the harness that connects to the factory
blue - says power antenna
blue w/white stripe - says amp turn on
yellow - battery
red - ignition/switched
orange - illumination/dash light
orange w/white - dimmer
black - chassis ground
black w/white stripe - amplifier ground

now on the harness that connects to the aftermarket hu
red
yellow
black
blue - with a tag that says system remote control

from what ive read, im guessing i still connect the matching colors, and the ones that dont match leave alone? (for the moment im not installing anything else, no amp, or sub, everything else is factory)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the solid blue, both orange and orange w/ white stripe, and black w/white stripe i leave alone?

i appreciate the help man. its my first time doing it so im paranoid lol

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
Orange wires leave alone. Are you trying to use your stock amps? If so, you'd need to connect the black with white stripe and blue with stripe. But the aftermarket harness should have a wire for the amp power, usually also solid blue or with white stripe. For the amp ground, I wanna say to tie that in with the radio ground (solid black).

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yea im trying to use stock amps. so both the blue w/white stripe and black w/white stripe to the aftermarket blue w/white stripe?

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
yea im trying to use stock amps. so both the blue w/white stripe and black w/white stripe to the aftermarket blue w/white stripe?
No. Blue with white stripe to blue with white stripe if its there on the aftermarket. Black with white stripe I'd tie into the solid black factory along with the solid black aftermarket. Get what I'm saying? Match the solid blacks up (ground), and then wire the black w/ white into that.

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
But there should be a solid blue and a blue with white stripe on the aftermarket harness. So the factory amp power (blue w/ white) connects to one of those.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
naw the aftermarket harness that connects to the headunit just has one solid black and one blue w/white stripe. the wiring harness that connects to the factory is the one that has both solid blue and blue w/ white and solid black and black w/white.
hooking up both solid black and black/white to the solid black from the HU make sense though since theyre both grounds., so now im just left with the blue, which im assuming, as u said, i hook up blue w/ white to the blue w/white on the HU harness, essentially leaving the solid blue alone...

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
naw the aftermarket harness that connects to the headunit just has one solid black and one blue w/white stripe. the wiring harness that connects to the factory is the one that has both solid blue and blue w/ white and solid black and black w/white.
hooking up both solid black and black/white to the solid black from the HU make sense though since theyre both grounds., so now im just left with the blue, which im assuming, as u said, i hook up blue w/ white to the blue w/white on the HU harness, essentially leaving the solid blue alone...
Yup you got it dude.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts