Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally pulled the trigger on some MT 26" drag radials and some summit knock off 15x8 rims.
I haven't had any time to play with them yet but I can tell they hook much better than my 315 555s. I'm going to be using these for track only. Do you have to "heat up" drag radials like you do slicks or do you just give them a quick spin to clean the dirt off? Also, what tire pressure do you guys recommend?

·
Too broke
787 Posts
yes, heat them up til you get some smoke off them. start at 18psi and work your way lower a lbs. if you're not hooking (can go low as you need, but bet 11-12psi would be the lowest you need to go, unless the track is ****)

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
yes, heat them up til you get some smoke off them. start at 18psi and work your way lower a lbs. if you're not hooking (can go low as you need, but bet 11-12psi would be the lowest you need to go, unless the track is ****)

Sent from my LG-E739 using AutoGuide.Com Free App
This right here. last time i ran i had 20psi in them and I ran a 12.57 @ 110 with a 1.69 60ft in a 96 Cobra. Play with the pressure till you find that sweet spot that works for you, but beware this will change with track conditions.

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Those look great!

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for helping me pick em out in my previous thread!

·
85 GT convertible
660 Posts
I would like to add that generally the higher the pressure, the higher trap speed, very little but true. The lower the pressure, pretty much the better the launch, but lower trap speeds because of extra tire rolling resistance. You have to find the medium for your car. Just my two cents.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Those look great! And what come hood you running?

Nick Lentini

1 - 8 of 8 Posts