Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two questions. first off is it normal for our cars (f/i) to run kinda sluggish and jumpy first thing in the morning when you start the car for the first time of the day?? it always does that on my first start of the day. I start it up.. let it idle for a minute then pull off into the hwy out of my drive way.. and like first and second gears are just jumpy and sputtering.. It never does it though anymore thru out the day.. Just wondering if this is normal..

2nd question I just had my shade tree mechanic install a UPR o/r xpipe for me.. is there anyway to tell if it's got an exhaust leak? Im not used to hearing the loud raspy noise under the driver seat/shifter is that normal??

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
do you have a wideband? Im sure in closed loop (cold) your A/F ratio is very rich causing the jumpyness. Mine kind of does the same thing. My car cold idles around 12:1

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have a wideband? Im sure in closed loop (cold) your A/F ratio is very rich causing the jumpyness. Mine kind of does the same thing. My car cold idles around 12:1
yea I have a wideband.. I just installed it.. so it's new to me.. is there something to look for on it when cold starting it for the first time of the day?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts