Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to the NAIAS show in Detroit, and went a trigger happy with the camera...

I've got a ton of pictures...so I won't post them all up here, but if you want to see them all, you can go here...
ItaliStang - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Sorry about some of the bad quality shots, for a 6mp camera, it's pretty crappy...

And of course I'll start off with the stangs, bullitt first...

Stock GT, but caught my attention with the new glass roof...

I was really disappointed with the Ford exhibit, these were the only Mustangs there, no Ford GT, and other than the trucks, it was all SUV's and minivans... and a ton about Ford SYNC. The only other stang was down in the DUB showroom, where there was this DUB edition Saleen...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here's some of Ford's trucks, starting with the new F-150 Platinum:

F-250 Super Duty:

Funkmaster Flex Explorer: :lol (seriously is, look at the FMF in the center console)

Harley Davidson F-150

and I forgot what these were, (I was distracted by the bullitt, lol)

More to come, but I need to study, so it'll have to wait...

·
Anatidaephobic
2,370 Posts
that glass roof would kickass. and i want that bullitt i think that they should make the bullitt an SVT car.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here's some more before I get too busy today....

This one is the Mazda concept, I forget what the names of a lot of these are, cause I was too busy taking pictures...lol

For a mazda, this design idea looks pretty badass...well, in the front at least

Here's the interior... lol

Of course that won't ever be built, but you can see the same ideas in this one... which looks a little more realistic...

·
MM's Coffee Addict
2,162 Posts
Damn that last Mazda, pretty unreal. I'd love to test drive that thing! Not a big fan of the 1st concept you posted, but yeah that last one is pretty good looking. And Ford owned. :cool:

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, I didn't really like the first concept either, mostly only liked the front of it. The second was sweet, and actually was functional.

Ford's exhibit was ok, only the two stangs though, but their trucks were cool. They were more focused on the Ford SYNC and on the "going green" like everyone else.

Dodge had the best exhibit there by far, even though they didn't have the challenger. GM was pretty cool, had only 1 camaro, and there was no way to see inside of it, so it wasn't that exciting to see it. They did have the ZR1 which was sweet. I'll have pics of those up soon.

I've got a ton more pictures that I'll keep posting when I get time, these so far are only the first few exhibits...

And before I end this one, here's another Mazda, an actual street car, it looks ok, I'm not a big fan of imports though.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
And of course, just as I say I'm not a fan of imports, I get to the pictures of the new GTR, lol.

Sorry, little blurry, wish it would have come out though, would have been a good shot of it.

Audi actually had some sweet cars, don't really remember the names, since we were rushing through to get to the GM exhibit, lol

(Guess it's an R8, lol, didn't think about checking my own pictures)

·
Registered
10,512 Posts
well where are the gm pictures?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Mazda can take that damn concept and stick it up their ass. Someone else on the foci forum i'm a member at took a picture of it and posted it too. It drives me kinda nuts how they get paid 6 figures to think up something that looks like a bunch of coke addicts designed it.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:lol they're coming, I had to get some studying done, I'll need a whole post just for the camaro, haha

Here's some Pontiacs while I get the camaro pics loaded...

Buick riviera concept (boring, but looked cool in person)

new CTS

boring one, but might as well while I wait...

And this one... well, we brought up internet explorer on their computer display (hard as hell to find a button combo that works when there is no ctrl, alt, or windows key, for those of you who know those commands), and just as I was typing in a url (to this site, :lol) and one of the employees started coming up to us, would have been great to show off some stangs in the middle of the chevy section, haha

And now the others are loaded so I'll get started on the camaro and vette

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Here's the ZR1

And since I can't fit all my Camaro pics in here (it'll need a whole post to itself), I'll just finish this one with the Chevy Volt, which is a badass looking enviromental car, not like your everyday sissy greenpeace cars that look like they're out of a cracker jack box, lol

I wouldn't mind one of these, it doesn't use any gas if your drive is less than 40 miles, and I think they said you can go 600+ miles on 12 gallons of gas, the gas engine doesn't power the car, it recharges the battery on the go. They said it can get up to 150 mpg.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here's our stang's rival, the new Camaro concept, still badass though, would love to own one someday

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mazda can take that damn concept and stick it up their ass. Someone else on the foci forum i'm a member at took a picture of it and posted it too. It drives me kinda nuts how they get paid 6 figures to think up something that looks like a bunch of coke addicts designed it.
Yeah, that's what I hate about a lot of these concept cars, the companies pay these people to come up with a car that will never see production, and in most cases, the designs are unrealistic and not even close to functional. I mean hell, that concept doesn't even have rear suspension, (and I would guess no motor).

With as much as these companies spend on making these ugly things, they could be spending it on improving the reliability of the cars they actually make.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here's some more, this first one is one of my favorite shots...

if only those glass panels in front were gone, that would be my new desktop wallpaper, lol

here's the others...

Yeah, even Ferrari is jumping on the biofuel bandwagon, which is great for the environment, but come on, if you can afford a ferrari, you can afford the gas, and probably won't drive it everyday anyway...

I wish I would have been able to get better pics of the lambos, but as you can see from the crowd on the right, it was a little hard to get up front...

Here is one of Saturn's concepts...

And yes, those are segways that pop out of it's ass, :lol
that's the whole reason I have pictures of this

I would want one just to be able to say, "my car's so cool, it shits segways" haha

1 - 16 of 16 Posts