Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys well a while ago i bought this nos kit off my budy and now im geting around to hooking it up but since it was a used kit it didnt come with instructions im totally lost. My motor was freshly rebuilt b4 i bought the car so i should b able to do a small shot right, mayb like a 50 shot? From what i rember this was a dry kit

Attachments

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
That's a wet single nozzle kit. You need to feed fuel to the solenoid with the red fittings on the line. Hope you got more than just that. Bottle, lines, microswitch (wot switch), extra jets, etc.?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well i got the extra jets bottle lines but i lost the wide open throddle switch so where do i tap into for fuel? And the nozzel in the picture would tap into the intake after the mass airflow?

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
looks that way

·
Resident Know-it-all
2,965 Posts
Yeah, holley.com is where you should go and click on the nos links till you find instructions. That is a very unusual setup. There is pribably a reason why your buddy sold that. It should work, just dry test it with the nitrous bottle turned off to make sure the fuel solenoid is working.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, holley.com is where you should go and click on the nos links till you find instructions. That is a very unusual setup. There is pribably a reason why your buddy sold that. It should work, just dry test it with the nitrous bottle turned off to make sure the fuel solenoid is working.
I tried it but cant find the info? And does any one know where im suposed to tap into for the gas line? Or any pics of your set up would be great lol

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Test port of the fuel rail or off an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with optional port. The problem with the one that you have pictured is that it appears to be for a carb'd setup that is not high pressure. So make sure you use the right jets for fuel injection also if my hunch is correct. You will need a section of -4 braided stainless line and either the adapter for the shrader valve test port or simply an AN to 1/8 NPT fitting for a guage port on a regulator.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
As far as what shot you should run, start with a 75 and then work your way up to a 125 to be safe. Nitrous doesn't blow engines up........ The tune does.

Sent from my galaxy s II

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
As far as what shot you should run, start with a 75 and then work your way up to a 125 to be safe. Nitrous doesn't blow engines up........ The tune does.

Sent from my galaxy s II
Well...... depends how much you are trying to cram in :lmao. On a serious note, like he said, start small and work your way up, checking plugs or A/F as you go. Speaking of plugs. Get some colder ones and close the gap some.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Test port of the fuel rail or off an adjustable fuel pressure regulator with optional port. The problem with the one that you have pictured is that it appears to be for a carb'd setup that is not high pressure. So make sure you use the right jets for fuel injection also if my hunch is correct. You will need a section of -4 braided stainless line and either the adapter for the shrader valve test port or simply an AN to 1/8 NPT fitting for a guage port on a regulator.
Ok i think i found the fittings for the shrader valve is it the one in the pic from autozone? Also would any one have any wiring advice on hooking this up? I found ths pic of the set up but i cant find much info on and actual NOS kit all i can find is on nx. And pretty much the nozzle on my original pic would mont up in to the intake right?

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Heres of the fittings i need to tap into the shnader valve right? Sorry for all the dumb questions i just wanna make sure i get this right lol

Attachments

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well...... depends how much you are trying to cram in :lmao. On a serious note, like he said, start small and work your way up, checking plugs or A/F as you go. Speaking of plugs. Get some colder ones and close the gap some.
Ok once i get it running and i try out the nitrous wat am i suposed to look at for in the plugs? And wat r sum good plugs to run? I have the motorcraft stockers

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Ok once i get it running and i try out the nitrous wat am i suposed to look at for in the plugs? And wat r sum good plugs to run? I have the motorcraft stockers
I'm sorry, was that 'What are some'? Dude, you are going to burn your car down, I can just see it already. Research young one, research. Wiring NOS solenoids is no different than wiring any other solenoids. They are all the same.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts