Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, its official. You guys have corrupted me. My little 4.2 stroker, Cam and Nitrous Build, has officially gone out the window.

For those of you I dont know, I originally bought my v6 to be just a good little get around car. I swore to my wife I was done modding and that I would settle with a v6 mustang. Then I found MM. I went from just wanting a few little upgrades to this.

Since being on Hiatas on Deployment, I kept buying little parts here and there online. Now I've gone to far. I ended up buying a 67mm Turbo, 38mm Tial wastegate and a 50mm Tial BOV. Couple that with the 4.2 crank, KB Pistons, new rings, king bearings, SF Sniper kit, ARP head studs, Steeda Underdrive pulley, and a whole lot of other go fast goodies. My wife has informed me that I now have 2 big Tuff Boxes full of car parts.I think i'm addicted. My wife wants to know how much more crap i'm gonna buy. What am I doing? I'll barely even get to drive my stang when i get back. It'll take about a month to build the engine waiting on the block and heads to get back. plus another couple weeks to fab the hotside piping. oh and now i'm eyeing a air to water intercooler. WTF!!

I need some support guys. Please tell me this will all be worth it when I'm done. Thanx In advance.

PS: i'm a little over 2g's on this, and I'm just an E4. So I'm not rich buy anymeans. Just been buying piece by piece over the last year since I've been deployed.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh just so you guys know, the 4.2 stroker idea came about because I have 218K miles on the car. But It's paid for.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I figured I'd document the entire build and post links so others can benefit from my personal hell. Oh and for your 39lb cobra injectors i got mine for $84 on ebay, he upgraded to 60lb'ers

·
Banned
12,740 Posts
A non forged 4.2, with a 74mm turbo??

Am I missing something?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope Kyle, I went back and checked, its only a 67mm. I'll only be pushing 7lbs and intercooled. though i may still buy forged h-beams due to the increased rod angle. Plus I'm only shooting for 300 rwhp. I have to keep this as as DD. Not only that but 400+ when the speed limits on bragg are only 10-15mph, you'll end up getting in trouble pretty quick.

@2000 stallion, sorry bud. I guess I got lucky but I'll keep my eyes open if i happen to see anything.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Nope Kyle, I went back and checked, its only a 67mm. I'll only be pushing 7lbs and intercooled. though i may still buy forged h-beams due to the increased rod angle. Plus I'm only shooting for 300 rwhp. I have to keep this as as DD. Not only that but 400+ when the speed limits on bragg are only 10-15mph, you'll end up getting in trouble pretty quick.

@2000 stallion, sorry bud. I guess I got lucky but I'll keep my eyes open if i happen to see anything.
That would be stellar! because im lookin for some! haha

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^Congrats on also having a silver stang, LMBO!!

·
Registered
890 Posts
you forgot the V8 lol.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^Nope that'll come when i get to cocky and up the boost on the six, buahaha. But if that happened, i'd prob put a carbed 347 in it and sell the remaining bits that weren't blown to pieces!

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^ thanks.. I like the fact its an actual motorcraft... U guys are awesome!!:bow

·
╚⊙ ⊙╝
14,719 Posts

·
Banned
12,740 Posts

67 with what .ar??

Thats still kinda big for a daily driver ONLY SHOOTING FOR 300.....

I would stick to a 60-1 / 62-1

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
kyle its gt35 here are the specs, please tell me i didnt buy to big a turbo.

compressor wheel 61.3mm/82mm
exhaust wheel 62/67.8
compressor a.r .7
turbine housing a.r .63
cold side; 4" inlet/2.5" outlet
hot side; standard t3 inlet/3" T31 oulet

I used the wrong number the comp. side is what everbody refers to when stating size. So I guess its a 61mm, I think according to the turbo bible.

Oh and Kyle I arleady bought it so, umm.. I hope this works. Oh and it looks like everbody on tma is 10-12lbs of boost. But I'll stay at 7 till i can see iats, egts, and a nice afr. If its looks good and i'm confident i'm not gonna blow the snot out of it i'll up it. I was planning on a 9psi race tune for when i get the wild hair up my ass to go to the track. But even that would be done on 105 torco fuel mix.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts