Modded Mustang Forums banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Zip's Supervisor
13,624 Posts
I did our taxes for free this year through Turbo Tax. I'll have to start paying to file next year since I'm no longer in the Air Force. Between my wife and I, we're getting $4000 back. I'll be boosted by the end of next month.

·
7,918 Posts
This was my first time having to file taxes in 7 years. My dad tried it for me, one way claiming me on his, another way without, and then my parents are giving me the difference of the better option. I think I'm getting around $1200

·
I Have A FLATULENT Butthole.
7,889 Posts
I use turbo tax as well... I had a few w2s and a couple forms for school and my second job (I am classified as an independent contractor for my second job, so it's miscellaneous income and I don't get a w2. Just come 1098 or 1099 form). It was really simple. I ended up getting like $6200 back because of baby, wife, and school. Most of it will sit in savings and get used if needed. Or if I really want to buy something

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Rent Asunder!
11,806 Posts
It's still something. lol I bought me a pair of ribeye steaks to grill with the interest I made off the money I didn't loan to the government.

·
The Boss is in
23,756 Posts
LOL Same here, just thought I'd mention it. I had a complicated year when my dad passed away, I took on the family land, had to deal with property taxes, 3 different state returns, etc... so I just took it all to them and let them sort it out. lol
Exactly. This is the main reason those places exist too. People with a bunch of **** to sort through would rather pay someone 100 bucks to do it than spend hours of their own time and save 50 bucks. If I ever have a bunch of complicated **** to do like that, then I will be going in too and paying someone else to do it.

But for now, I have a fairly simple form with just a few exemptions so I'll continue to do it myself online for cheap.

But those places you actually go to have someone do it are definitely not a total waste, they are there for good reason. Pay someone else to sift through your full year of receipts and exemptions lol.

·
Super Moderator
8,732 Posts
I paid in $10,690 fed income taxes.......$4460 social security..... and another $1050 in medicaid...

I get $770 back.

·
I smell like beef
5,580 Posts
I paid in $10,690 fed income taxes.......$4460 social security..... and another $1050 in medicaid...

I get $770 back.
Bend over my brotha. My wife and I paid in close to that in federal, had a baby and are only getting $500 ish. This is the first year in a while I won't have to cut the IRS a $1000+ check.

·
Registered
5,648 Posts
I used turbo tax. I only worked 4 months last year and I'm getting back 1,400 so I'm not complaining.

21 - 38 of 38 Posts