Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In late May I ordered a Magnaflow Competition series catback system from American Muscle. I paid $598 for it. Shipping was pretty slow from Fed Ex. It was scheduled to be delivered one day and was "on the truck" according to tracking info. The it said "delivery interruption" and it was schedule for the next day. I had taken off my Flowmaster 44 system prepping for the new one. When Fed Ex shows up with it, the box looked like it fell out of the truck. It was partially open and torn. I opened it up and looked over the parts and they looked ok. The next day when I went to install the system I noticed the hardware pack was missing the set screws for the GT turndowns. I was willing to let that slide and went to the hardware store and purchased 4 allen set screws for about $3. So I start the install and as I take a peak over at the passenger side muffler it has a huge dent in it. Now I'm pissed off.

I called American Muscle and the representative told me to send them pictures of the box and the damage. I promptly did so and that is the last I heard from them. I got a "ticket number" and I followed up with an email to it. I advised them I wanted to return the Magnaflow and requested a return label. I am done with the Magnaflow, for $600 it should have come packed correctly and not missing parts. I asked them to send me a Mac catback system and either credit me the difference in cost, or give me a store credit. I haven't heard a peep in over 5 days since my phone call. I had to put the Flowmaster system back on so I could drive my car.

I think what I asked was reasonable. I have spent a lot of money with American Muscle but if they don't clear this up soon I'm done.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
In late May I ordered a Magnaflow Competition series catback system from American Muscle. I paid $598 for it. Shipping was pretty slow from Fed Ex. It was scheduled to be delivered one day and was "on the truck" according to tracking info. The it said "delivery interruption" and it was schedule for the next day. I had taken off my Flowmaster 44 system prepping for the new one. When Fed Ex shows up with it, the box looked like it fell out of the truck. It was partially open and torn. I opened it up and looked over the parts and they looked ok. The next day when I went to install the system I noticed the hardware pack was missing the set screws for the GT turndowns. I was willing to let that slide and went to the hardware store and purchased 4 allen set screws for about $3. So I start the install and as I take a peak over at the passenger side muffler it has a huge dent in it. Now I'm pissed off.

I called American Muscle and the representative told me to send them pictures of the box and the damage. I promptly did so and that is the last I heard from them. I got a "ticket number" and I followed up with an email to it. I advised them I wanted to return the Magnaflow and requested a return label. I am done with the Magnaflow, for $600 it should have come packed correctly and not missing parts. I asked them to send me a Mac catback system and either credit me the difference in cost, or give me a store credit. I haven't heard a peep in over 5 days since my phone call. I had to put the Flowmaster system back on so I could drive my car.

I think what I asked was reasonable. I have spent a lot of money with American Muscle but if they don't clear this up soon I'm done.
Contact them again. The few times I've had to send something back, they've been on top of it.

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
They have always been good, I have never returned to them though. I will give them another day. The problem with me is I don't have a lot of free time, I took a day to install it, and I had to take time to put my old system back on. I'm kind of sour at this point, especially for $600.
Completely understand. I don't dick around with Email though. I call. Much faster response.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
I wouldn't blame them 100% there was clearly an issue with shipping so Id imagine the missing parts and damage was the cause of piss poor FedEx. Id give AM a shot in the morning and I'm sure you will be taken care of. Ive had nothing but good experiences and the one time I had to make a return, well it was pretty painless.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I shipped the Magnaflow back today and ordered a Mac. I guess my anger should have been more directed at Magnaflow and FED EX. American Muscle stood by the customer!! FED EX absolutely blows no matter how you slice it. They come down my bumpy driveway at about 25mph, you can hear **** slamming around in the cargo area. UPS is great, they park at the top and walk stuff down.

·
Certified Bwaloligisit
28,084 Posts
Its frustrating when thing show up broken. Thats why I dont like to point fingers right at the seller when usually its the shipper that causes all the problems. Glad everything is getting sorted out for ya

·
Registered
4,562 Posts
The dent in the muffler took some force. The strange thing is there is no scuff or rub mark where there was an impact that would have caused it. They mufflers were wrapped in bubble wrap. Granted the box was beat but I almost think Magnaflow packed it with the dent.
It's possible, but not very likely. Think about it a moment. They ship them out to various vendors, they're well known as a reputable manufacturer, it wouldn't do them well to ship out dented stuff. The box was damaged, and it was shipped from Magnaflow to American Muscle. From American Muscle to you. We know that FedEx/UPS/USPS don't really "care" about your package. It's going to get stuffed wherever it fits, and if it gets dented, oh well, they'll still get their money on the return shipping and the replacement.

Either way, glad you're getting it sorted out. I have a mid mount, dual in/out magnaflow on my Thunderbird and I love it. Built in crossover, flows very well and has a good sound.

·
Registered
7,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Could be. If I recall correctly the exhaust was shipped directly from Magnaflow in Kentucky. There wasn't an "American Muscle" label on it and it didn't come out of Pennsylvania. The only other thing that could support my theory were the missing set screws from the sealed hardware pack. The exhaust piping had one area where the flare was taken out of round. That seems more likely to happen than the dent in a round stainless muffler wrapped in bubble wrap.

Either way Fed Ex blows, the Magnaflow is gone, and the Mac will he here tomorrow via UPS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts