Modded Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently pulled my 2001 mustang gt out of the garage for spring, planning to take it to my senior prom. everything went great until the home from eating it started to over heat. turns out mud from my driveway had stopped the fan and burnt the fuse up, i assume it took so long to overheat because of the cold weather and easy highway driveing. the next day i cleaned the fan up, replaced the fuse and took it home, everything went good. over the next 2 days i drove it about 150 miles with no problems. On the third day after all this i was on my way to school and the car died when i stopped at a corner, i turned the keyn off and tried restarting it with no luck. it turned over fine, but wouldnt fire at all. a couple hours later our hired men tried it again and it started fine so they drove it home. the next day i let it idle for a while and after 5 minutes it started idling really rough and at about 1500 rpm. i shut it off and tried to start it again, with the same problem, turned over but not firing at all. everytime ive tried it it runs good for a couple minutes and the same thing happens. anybody heard of this or have any suggestions? any help would be appreciated. ps. sorry about the poor typing, i recently broke my right hand so im one handing it for now haha

·
Registered
229 Posts
i recently pulled my 2001 mustang gt out of the garage for spring, planning to take it to my senior prom. everything went great until the home from eating it started to over heat. turns out mud from my driveway had stopped the fan and burnt the fuse up, i assume it took so long to overheat because of the cold weather and easy highway driveing. the next day i cleaned the fan up, replaced the fuse and took it home, everything went good. over the next 2 days i drove it about 150 miles with no problems. On the third day after all this i was on my way to school and the car died when i stopped at a corner, i turned the keyn off and tried restarting it with no luck. it turned over fine, but wouldnt fire at all. a couple hours later our hired men tried it again and it started fine so they drove it home. the next day i let it idle for a while and after 5 minutes it started idling really rough and at about 1500 rpm. i shut it off and tried to start it again, with the same problem, turned over but not firing at all. everytime ive tried it it runs good for a couple minutes and the same thing happens. anybody heard of this or have any suggestions? any help would be appreciated. ps. sorry about the poor typing, i recently broke my right hand so im one handing it for now haha
Maybe fuel pressure problems, try changing your fuel filter see if that helps. It might be some bad gas depending on how long it sat. Check vac lines and all that good stuff. Off topic but how is North Dakota?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks.
and absolutely horrible we've had three snow storms in the last week which is ridiculous for this time of year. the only advantage is the cold weather slowed the flooding down. Do you have connections here or just curious?

·
Registered
229 Posts
thanks.
and absolutely horrible we've had three snow storms in the last week which is ridiculous for this time of year. the only advantage is the cold weather slowed the flooding down. Do you have connections here or just curious?
Well I have a bunch of family there. But the reason I was curious is that I'm most likely getting staioned at Minot AFB. Lots of people say its miserable so I'm optimistic.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I would check through the fuel system. Also check the spark plugs because if its not firing it can really be only fuel, spark, or the unlikely chance you jumped timing, but i doubt that.

off topic, hows the weather over there on the coast man? your about 45 minutes from me.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts