Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so while im driving i have low oil pressure right by the A on NORMAL and very loud valvetrain noise and when i start to slow down the motor shakes and when im at a complete stop i lose all oil pressure when i take off it goes back to the A and lots of valvetrain noise, some1 says might be the bearings but i would think the pump is going out the hotter the car gets the louder the valvetrain

what do you guys think?
key problems:
loud vavletrain when engine is warm
low oil pressure driving
zero oil pressure when stopped
slowing down heavy motor shake
sluggish when given gas

·
Registered
299 Posts
Stop driving the car first off. Could be bearings but something else caused the bearings to go bad. Clogged screen, bad pump, lack of oil changes. You need someone to look at the car its impossible to diagnosis over the internet. Sounds like you have other issues with the motor. Should still have descent power unless the motor is locking up. Really need to have someone look at it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stop driving the car first off. Could be bearings but something else caused the bearings to go bad. Clogged screen, bad pump, lack of oil changes. You need someone to look at the car its impossible to diagnosis over the internet. Sounds like you have other issues with the motor. Should still have descent power unless the motor is locking up. Really need to have someone look at it.

all of this happened today when i took the car out before todays car ride the car ran fine before today

i figure the motor shake is from no oil pressure?? and the valvetrain tick aswell? im not too sure how the mechanics of the pump work but i find it weird for me to have oil poressure while the motor is reved and at idle it loses all pressure

·
Sheriff Metal Face
5,579 Posts
oil pressure will be lower at idle. Pump might be giong out though... When mine went out, I lost all pressure at once.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
as stated above, i wouldn't drive the car until you figure out whats going on. you could make the bad worse. and the factory our pressure gauge is more of an on/off switch. get a real gauge on there if anything

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oil pressure will be lower at idle. Pump might be giong out though... When mine went out, I lost all pressure at once.
i have no pressure at idle and low when driving

as stated above, i wouldn't drive the car until you figure out whats going on. you could make the bad worse. and the factory our pressure gauge is more of an on/off switch. get a real gauge on there if anything
not driving it until its fixed pressure gauge was working just fine before this, even if it isnt accurate it is considerebly lower than before and never went to 0

how can i diagnose the problem ie check to see if the pump is bad or if its the bearings?

·
Banned
980 Posts
Honestly, If you know the gauge is good, then no need to get an aftermarket electric oil pressure gauge right? Anyways, I am experiencing the same problem in my 342, however it isn't exactly the same. When i start my car, my oil pump is lazy , takes a few seconds to rise, and it only goes up to A, and at idle it goes a little bit below A. I've come to conclusions it's the oil pump.. However, that may not be your case scenario. Not sayin, Just sayin, I'd honestly just change your oil pump *You should want a HV OP anyways*... and that should fix your problem with the lack of oil it's getting, however on the shaking, loud valve train noise, I'd almost bet it's the bottom end. Any mods on this motor?

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
like i said previously, the stock gauge is in essence an on/off switch, if you want to know what is REALLY going on, get a gauge

·
Registered
4,987 Posts
I'd honestly just change your oil pump *You should want a HV OP anyways*... and that should fix your problem with the lack of oil it's getting, however on the shaking, loud valve train noise, I'd almost bet it's the bottom end. Any mods on this motor?
+1

And yea it does, its a strong running car,and hes only had it a week or two it would suck if the bearings were wiped out already.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
I didn't read anywhere that you checked the oil level.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If the motor is built with large clearances for racing purposes, a high volume oil pump would be typical.

Not recommended for a street car with normal bearing clearances.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts