Modded Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately im not sure what direction i want to go with the stang. I was originally going to just spray it and add a set of cams but lately ive been heavily contemplating removing the spray and just sticking N/A. Im really regretting my decison with the 3.73's and want to step up to 4.10's....... and 4.30's have even crossed my mind if i go all n/a but im not sure.

So far while ive been deployed ive bought a bullitt intake, HiTech stage 2 cams, racecraft suspenison tubular K and A arms, front coilovers and upper lower control arms and some appearance items.

Should i sell the n2o setup and go n/a and stick the money into a set of trickflow heads? if i did that i would have to sell the hitechs and have a custom grind made. Should i just step up to a 4.10 or should i go 4.30?

I myself personally like the idea of an all motor car with stock bottom end, trickflow heads, 4.10's or 4.30's and a custom set of cams. I would send out the bullitt intake to get extrude honed. What do yall think?

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3.73's are not enough imo...i would be revving to 6800 with the 4.30's. Many 2v guys were doing it back in the day with 4.30's and no problems. There is always the risk though

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That comment is ridiculous. There are plenty of higher hp cars running 4.30's and even 4.56's

·
mm's nitrous mod
12,988 Posts
you will regret selling the spray to run all motor unless you build the piss out of it. even then, you may get bored with it. running a stock short block will only yeild so much.

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts
If that's what you want the go for it. I personally think that n/a is a waste of time for these little 281s. You get more power for less money FI. Let us know how you like those 4.30s when you get them in.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
The stock bottom end with heads sounds like a pretty sweet deal...

I've seen a few S197s run 4.30s N/A, and even 4.56, but they have more power to back them. Hell, go for it- 4.30s sound like a badass N/A gear anyway...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you will regret selling the spray to run all motor unless you build the piss out of it. even then, you may get bored with it. running a stock short block will only yeild so much.
Thats why ive been thinking about just going with a 4.10 gear in case i want to keep the spray. im just having a hell of a time deciding

I've seen a few S197s run 4.30s N/A, and even 4.56, but they have more power to back them. Hell, go for it- 4.30s sound like a badass N/A gear anyway...
4.30's are pretty sweet. my buddy had them in his 96 cobra and damn did it pull hard. On the other hand a 4.10 might be better in case i decide to keep the spray.

·
Penetration before detonation
2,189 Posts
I'm happy with 3.73s for now. If I decide to race my car more, however, I will look at 4.10s...

I can't fathom 4.30s. Sounds sick. I agree, if you're gonna keep the spray, might as well go with 4.10s.

BTW, Papasmurf, where are you at right now? What branch are you in, and what's your job? And how much longer do you have? I remember, while I was in Afghanistan, I was making some sick money...

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm happy with 3.73s for now. If I decide to race my car more, however, I will look at 4.10s...

I can't fathom 4.30s. Sounds sick. I agree, if you're gonna keep the spray, might as well go with 4.10s.

BTW, Papasmurf, where are you at right now? What branch are you in, and what's your job? And how much longer do you have? I remember, while I was in Afghanistan, I was making some sick money...
Yeah 4.30's would be sick but im starting to think that 4.10's might be a better choice. I am currently deployed and have just a couple more months of this bullshit left...im over here in 5th fleet. Im in the NAVY and im an FC2 (Fire Controlman 2nd class) I work on the computers for the ships primary weapon system. Your right about the pay ive been making some pretty good cash but alot of it has been going toward the upcoming wedding. What branch are you?
go 4.10 at least man. i know guys that are running 500 rwhp blown 99 cobras with 4.30's haha. if i were you id throw on an s-trim and be done with it. n/a 2v's just dont get it done
Ive thought about going blown but im just not a blower guy...im not sure why. Ive always liked nitrous more and I like seeing what i can do with just motor and its different.

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Yeah 4.30's would be sick but im starting to think that 4.10's might be a better choice. I am currently deployed and have just a couple more months of this bullshit left...im over here in 5th fleet. Im in the NAVY and im an FC2 (Fire Controlman 2nd class) I work on the computers for the ships primary weapon system. Your right about the pay ive been making some pretty good cash but alot of it has been going toward the upcoming wedding. What branch are you?

Ive thought about going blown but im just not a blower guy...im not sure why. Ive always liked nitrous more and I like seeing what i can do with just motor and its different.
ull turn into a blower guy once u come to this side of the water and let this turbo sixxer run away from ya ;)
i have to agree ur gonna regret selling the nitrous, even with a NA motor ur going to miss the feel and the power will only get you so far.

·
Not a Rational Car Guy
38,186 Posts
4V Caleb

:shiftyeyes

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yeah i guess ill just keep the spray

Id love to get a 4v Lefty but i feel ive already invested alot in the 2v and might as well keep it

·
SlowFiveOh
2,370 Posts
once you throw supercharger on, you will never look back. power on demand!

Reactions: carnut59

·
US Air Force (retired)
13,542 Posts

More power, bigger wheels, higher redline.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts